The Flower That Was Bloomed by a Cloud - Ch. 40

Not sure why everyone seems to hate Dowun so much......He made an effort to give Hong Lyon's mother posthumous respectability, he tutored her (even if his teaching methods aren't the best) on how to be a cunning person- a trait actually required for anyone running the nation- and in this episode we see that the marriage date was not pushed ahead by him. He even agreed to push it back as per her wishes. I have said this before and I'll say it again, I LOVE how the author has portrayed Dowun. To me his is the representation of a gray-shade character- you can't guess his motives but that does not mean he is an antagonist.
On the other hand I find Baek-Han pretty much like a cookie-cutter "good guy" from comic-land. He is good-looking, kind and intelligent, not to mention an accomplished warrior. He is all that is good and nice- definitely a guy anyone would love to marry in real life and yet he isn't as interesting as Dowun. Well at least thats what I think (so no hate spewing please...)
By the way- I think lil bro Gyeol might harbour hate for his older brother- pretty understandable considering his brother basically counseled the King to punish him....but I really hope he is another grey-shade character and not an antagonist or simply a "nice-guy" side character.....fingers crossed!!!!!!!

A BIG THAKS to LunaLotusScans for translating this amazing comic and giving us readers quick updates!!! PLease please do continue with your amazing work!

I thought in this chapter Dowun was making an awkward attempt to get closer to Hong Lyon, albeit unsuccessful. Baek Hyun's relationship with Lyon is super cute but at the same time like @Otaku713 said a bit too "cookie cutter" for me to see them as end game. I'm probably in the minority that hopes Dowun and Hong Lyon work things out.

I'll be salty if Dowun was the endgame, he's no evil, he's just a coward, his talk and his act are contradictive, he didn't want to admit he needs Lyon as well and now he felt threatened and win in the end just because of the catalyst (aka Baek Han) and ML tag? bullshit, he needs to get lectured and reap what he did like Onodera in Nisekoi.

He can win, he will win 100% in the past if he act nice to her a bit, now that Lyon loved another man, i'd support her with Baek which clearly made her comfortable like Chitoge to Raku. The classic quote if you loved 2 person, choose the second because if you love the first you won't even love the second. The girl is tired, she deserves better.

Ok soo I get where people are coming from when they say not to hate Dowun but tbh I only see em as business partners.

I mean the only reason why Dowun approached her was because he needed her and she grew to need him back though her feeling werent reciprocated and that's ok.

I hope they come to be good friends in the end though and that she ends up with BaekHan in the end. Who stayed true to himself. Second ML ftw pleaseee ♡♡♡♡

Reading this hurts so bad, the drama and complicated feelings of every character... I'm sad for Lyon. I'm supporting Baek-ha, but like, if Dowun is endgame then- yeah.

Heck, I just hope this won't end in tragedy 😢

I keep feeling that there are just two choices for Lyon. End up with Baek Han, or just alone by herlself (gonna be a tragedy tho).

I personally don't hate Dowun. He's honest anyway. But if the two of them stay together, it's just toxic. And from what I see, the story is about Lyon struggling to be free from this toxicity.

I'm like 65% convince that the ending would be (not a spoiler, just my own thought lol) Dowun sacrificing himself for Hong Lyon and Baek Han dedicating his life for Hong Lyon.
And Hong Lyon while being with Baek Han, can only thinking of Dowun...

Ahhh... what sad ending ..

What pisses me off is that Dowun doesn't see Lyon as his equal. Even in this 'business' type relationship he's barely acknowledging Lyon's input whether he agrees with it or not. You can also see this when he acts as though his orders have higher priority than Lyon's because he decides everything before hearing her opinion on the matter.

@uruchan2009 : Lol I thought the exact opposite!!! That Baek-Han would sacrifice himself for her (and maybe Dowun- remember Lyon and Dowun are getting married pretty soon) and she would be with her "business partner" aka Dowun but deep down still cherish her memories of Baek Han.

Fed-Kun's army
Oh boy.
And Dowun shows that side of him I hate. Ugh
I totally get that there's something deeper there for him but the things that he chooses to show Lyon or how he wants to be perceived is just- you can't expect things to change if you don't change. She's gonna go looking for the thing that she wanted all along and that's love (and true acknowledgment). He may not only see her as a means to an end but he sure as hell is telling her only that. Whereas, Baek Han continuously demonstrates that she isn't just someone who can give him what he wants but someone he truly respects and cares for.

I'm so mad with their situation.
The writing is so good.

Damn it man can’t you let her have someone who is truly GOOD to her without using her as a tool!! You don’t care about her at all

Okay, so she’s standing up for herself. Now she just needs good counsel. I kind of feel like she’s acting out, and not really playing a long game. The emotions are fine. She just needs to be smart and consolidate her own power instead of relying on Dowun’s. Otherwise...I genuinely think he’ll at least try to assassinate her.

Users who are viewing this thread