The Flower That Was Bloomed by a Cloud - Ch. 40

I really like dowhun but this chapter is making me lean toward team baek Han..... dowun,,, step up bitch

She's really acting the fool right now.

Aiming to spend private time with her guard, avoiding her fiancée, all under the watchful eyes of servants who are very easy to corrupt...

Rumors carry more weight than she realises. Perhaps her late entry to the power game is handicapping her.

Dowun can do his best; but at this rate she's certainly going to find the destruction she's looking for.

Dex-chan lover
I don't think anyone has pointed this out, but what she's doing right now is fine as an Empress. Having a few lovers here and there doesn't really affect her reputation, but enforces the image that she's the one in charge. Right now, she needs allies that she can trust, because everyone around her is Dowun's people. She's being watched all the time and everyone knows that the power behind the seat is Dowun and the Yang clan. She's more of a puppet if anything. So yes, while I do ship Baek Han and the princess, regardless of whether their feelings are mutual or not, this can be a very smart political move on her part if she can solidify his clan's support.

Also, I like how Dowun just dumps the tea without even drinking it- such a waste 😅

@vorfreude Exactly. He has always had this 'I get the last say in everything' attitude towards her. Not great for teamwork.

@Zephyr247 Yeah I agree. If he can't influence her actions anymore that could most definitely be a possibility.

dowun needs to realise that hes pushing hong lyon away from him if he keeps acting like this 😫 please show her a little affection even if its fake, or else shes gonna fall for another man lol

Dex-chan lover
@hellopoe shouldn't that step have already been done before? I'd imagine the tea would be ready for the person to drink if it's in the teapot x'D Unless it's some tea etiquette thing here. I just found it funny cause I'm pretty sure Dowun was doing that out of spite xD

haha i can see how you thought that 😂 it's a tea etiquette thing though! if you're interested, you can check out the link below~
https://pathofcha.com/blogs/all-about-tea/the-5-types-of-tea-that-should-be-rinsed-before-brewing

Dex-chan lover
@hellopoe Actually, I just read another chapter where they drink tea, and they don't toss out the first cup that's poured, so the tea must have been washed beforehand. I'm pretty sure he threw the tea out of spite x'D And typically, when the tea is being washed all the water has to be dumped anyway, so it wouldn't make much sense to not have that prepared beforehand especially since you don't want to make the nobles wait and do part of the work too.

Users who are viewing this thread