The Flower That Was Bloomed by a Cloud - Ch. 50

Group Leader
@cinic

Holy fuck are you 12. Calling a dude feminine is the most juvenile insult around. Still dosent change the fact that hes a better character. Keep seething and ramming his dick down your throat

@theilikepie
Sacarsm(except the hand job one, I'm still not sure about it, too many baek presence in this chapter...), do you know about it, have you finished with the sum 2+2 or you don't even understand that.

@lainfec your comments make me feel all tingly inside, finally someone with a good opinion in the mangadex comments
DowunFuckOff2020, LyonxLiterallyAnyoneElse2020

@untilDeath saved or not her end result would have been the same she would have been killed or starved to death when she would be thrown from the palace when her brother or sister took over. She was illiterate,had no real knowledge of anything, and had no connections. Maybe she would survive as a destitute prostitute after being exiled.

Where was he when she was being bullied, beat, starved ,and thrown around in the edges of the palace? Nowhere not until he could play hero for a moment then forget about her.

See what I meant with empty words? His actions don't really do anything in the grand scheme of things he is only there to console. Dowun however changed the course of her life forever and continues to do so.

@doneprone You seem to forget that Baek Han was the crown prince’s bodyguard and served him. He saved Lyon when he didn’t need to & could have fled like everyone else did. But he didn’t, and what did he get for it? Half of his faced was scarred. Compared to Dowun who asked for something in return for teaching Lyon to read and write. As well as something in exchange for staying by her side. Dowun actions only benefit him and his clan. And in regards to “Where was he when she was being bullied, beat, starved ,and thrown around in the edges of the palace?” Neither Baek Han nor Dowun could have done anything lol. Their positions as a bodyguard and visitor at the time didn’t help much. And Jayang still bullied Lyon when Dowun was around so.

@heml8ck I can't remember who was it but there's this based Lyonfriend who ships her with Power and I couldn't agree more with them.

In the past an enabling secondary character was required to shape up Lyon but things are quite different now, Pairing her with Dowun or even Baek feels like it'll just drag her down. But for the time being watching her play with Baek is rather comforting.

@doneprone Idk about you but if I lost nearly half of my face in a fire, I wouldn't recover in a day or two. How is a full time bodyguard even supposed to care for a child? Why blame it on the character when their fates only crossed for a single day?

Dowun stans should read what they write. Their perception of Dowun is so twisted that it doesn't even feel like we're talking about the same character.

Dex-chan lover
im p sure i said this before, but dowun is objectively worse than baek in terms of whos better for hong lyon but hes keeping the story interesting for me tbh. baek is chill and all but hes lowkey boring (to me). . .

@lainfec making points and taking names. dowun stans' only defense is that dowun helped her achieve power, but even honglyon didn't really even want that power to begin with LMAO i thought the author made that pretty clear with all these guilt montages and honglyon literally saying outright how guilty she feels about the blood shed by (mostly) dowun's machinations. in the end this man has done nothing for her except turn her into a puppet. dowun stans stay delusional! i truly hope yall never enter into real relationships w this mindset bc oh boy the amount of toxicity and emotional trauma u will face

Just a simple comment passing by... Thank you for the translation. (●´∀`●)

@cinic
You paint Dowun in a very positive light. Yet he is but another edgy overly ambitious sociopathic schemer who relies on political intrigues, leverages and favours to rise to power. Did i also mention he is also open to the idea to getting cucked? There are alot of people akin to him in history and they tend to be forgotten. And if ever they suceed, they end up as despotic as any previous monarch.
My boi baek on the other hand is content with his current standing. Has no ambition other than to serve and achieve martial perfection akin to Musashi. He is the best swordsman in the country, towers over the beta cuck dowun and is an absolute CHAD

I like Dowun not because he's a good person or anything but just because he provides the story with forward impetus and emotional weight. Whether you like Dowun or not, moments like the princess selling her earring for some steambuns wouldn't mean anything if Dowun wasn't the character that he is. Baek is kind of flat as a character, with little in the way of depth and being a rather one-dimensional moral agent, but also by existing and providing Lyon that alternative to Dowun helps to make the outcome of the story uncertain. If it was just one or the other then this story wouldn't be worth reading.

There's a reason that this formula of having competing male leads is so common. It's a mechanism for providing tension and keeping readers invested and engaged, arguing with each other or internally supporting one option over the other. For comparison, look at, say, The Duchess with an Empty Soul. That story has only one route/ML and is completely uninteresting. I would much rather read a story with both Dowun and Baek than one without either.

thank you for the chapter !!!! <3
i hope dowun will appear in the next chapter <3

What cezyou said.
Dowun exists therefore I can shit on him, which makes me happy.

Users who are viewing this thread