The Flower That Was Bloomed by a Cloud - Ch. 62

@Yoshiko09
Ok yes yes yes I'm so glad you thought the same thing about the funeral tablet. His logic was sound but if we really think about it was basically an unnecessary thing to do. So why else would he do it but to make up for what he did/ to make Lyon happy??

Yeah I'm honestly convinced that Dowun doesn't know about the plan with Jayang. I mean he had the option when they were children to go to her when she made an offer. But still chose to stay with Lyon and made it a point to say that she had something Jayang didn't and that's why he would stay with Lyon. So it seems impossible for me to see him have her as a back up plan.

I do hope that he realizes soon that he wants an emotional relationship with Lyon. But I'm scared with what Lyon said to Baek Han in this chapter that she may have already shut herself off completely to Dowun. 😭😭😭

Ive just finished reading 62 chps in one go and i must sayyy what the hell??? I seriously dont get whats up with dowun??? Like how tsundere can you be my guy? If you actually love her, why you said that you dont want an emotion relationship in the first place? Now when she finally getting closer with her guard youre acting all bitter😤😤😤

@Torpe Not to mention that the funeral tablet took too much time going through the political process for it to just be a convenient "manipulation strategy". I've talked about him knocking down the memorial stones before so I won't repeat the whole spill. Basically, I'm convinced that he was simply trying to tell her, "Hey, this is all going to fall down anyways if we don't make you empress because nobody else cares about your mother or us." He just underestimated her emotional investment in the memorial. We can see he became more cautious of how she feels about family after this point. Lyon's reaction to her father's death was very cold compared to the emotion he seemed to anticipate coming from her.

@cassandra827
Yessss everything you are saying, exactly!!!

Also I don't know if I'll be able to articulate this in a way that makes sense, but...

I think Dowun is the type that believes everything you do should have a logical reason. So whenever he does do something based off emotions he has to rationalize it. Ex. After they leave the shrine she trips and falls, he catches her but doesn't let go of her hand. When Lyon questions him he responds with not wanting her to trip and fall again. Which yes sounds logical but the only reason she fell was because there was something to trip over she would be fine from there on. But no he wants to hold her hand so there has to a be a logical reason.
He's been able to use logic up till this point for everything he has done. I think we are getting to a point in the story where he will start slipping on his actions and not have a logical way to explain himself. (*cough* ch.46 *cough*)

i love baek han like- he's so sweet with Lyon and he really cares for her.
But i have this gut that he'll die and it hurts just thinking about it, if that happens I'LL CRY SOO MUCH AND IM NOT GONNA BE OK FOR THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

I can't with Dowun, he ew

lyon:why are you hugging me,dowun?
dowun,after spending a few minutes looking for the best rational reason: SANNAH.

I mean... she's a queen
can't she just pick both 😅
like her dad... you know...
a harem??? 🤪
both bois have their own uwu qualities

@Torpe It's possible. I would like to say that Lyon does this, too, but I think she's acted like an idiot more than anything else when she makes decisions. You know, such as trying to chase down and apprehend her older, grudge-holding half-sister. We did see her rationalize an emotionally-based decision when she saved Baek Han's life, however. She was the empress. She didn't have to rationalize it, but she did. Most likely because Dowun taught her to do this.

I DON'T CARE ABT Y'ALL, IDC IF BAEK HAN'S A BORING CHARACTER, I LIKE HIM BECAUSE HE TREATS LYON MUCH BETTER THAN THAT STUPID ASS BITCH DOWUN

Dowun is a villain. Lyon deserves to get with someone who treats her right.

The story reminds me a bit of The Queen, the main characters have too much pride! Just SPEAK YOUR FEELINGS dammit! 😂🤦🏻‍♀️

I'm in a turmoil :) Like, I ship lyon with happiness and that means i should ship her with baek han, butttttt.... I have a bad feeling about baek han's fate :') he has the tendency to sacrifice himself for someone else, so ..... it wouldn't be a shocker if he dies :")

Wow, with what people write here about Dowun, you begin to wonder why they're reading works that have a bit more character complexity than a Peppa Pig book.

You don't have to like Dowun - his personality isn't for everyone's taste. It's not about who is more attractive either.

Its about who gets stuff done.

We're talking life and death here. Who has been more consistently beneficial to her? Schemed for her ascension? Shielded her from negative consequences?

Do y'all think relationships are about squee moments only? A bit of eye contact/ hand holding / sharing sob stories and you're satisfied?

How old are some of you anyway?

If a daft creature like Jayang can tell that Dowun is key to a secure Palace life, why Lyon (and her Baek backers) are permitted to ignore all Dowun's kingmaker efforts is beyond me.

Anyone who can pay attention can see that Dowun holds affection of some sort for Lyon.

Unless one is as distracted as Lyon herself, I'm not surprised that all his cues are missed.

Look, I like a good romance story too, but you don't craft a ML this good only to have people spewing unreasonable things that show their lack of understanding.

Its Cheese In the Trap all over again. Ugh.

Can you please gain clarity on Dowun by reading the back and forth between @Torpe and @cassandra827 ?

It's not bad to admit you need guidance through the story. You won't be a lesser person for it. Jeez.

Double-page supporter
Never seen the princess smile so happily... here's to hoping it won't disappear soon. Regarding the romance, at this point I don't think she has feelings for Baek Han, and with Dowun acting this way, it might be possible that she will give him another chance. Like many others have been iterating, Baek Han's probably going to die near the end of the story. I've been expecting that outcome since the beginning of the story, but the thing I didn't think that would happen is the princess and Dowun actually having a romantic relationship. Maybe Baek Han is the catalyst that helps them realize that. That being said, I really hope that doesn't happen LOL. I really enjoyed this moment between these two and Dowun just had to ruin it lmaooo.

Users who are viewing this thread