The Flowers of Evil - Vol. 9 Ch. 46 - The Fountain of Eternal Youth

Fed-Kun's army
I'm pretty sure so, @flyingpig. Kasuga getting so messed up back in their home town led to depression for both of them, general feelings that they'd failed as parents (most heavily in his mom, going off of the chapter with her, Mr. Kasuga, and Mr. Nakamura in the hospital after Sawa smashed Mr. Kasuga's leg with the bat), and that leads to worse. With Takao on the mend and actually showing signs of improvement, the entire family will feel happier.

Whenever I read manga, there's always those few scenes or dialogs that stick with me after finishing it, so when I think about that specific manga, I immediately recall these scenes. For Aku no Hana, it's page 36 on this chapter, that "I'm home" Takao says to his parents, such a simple line with so much meaning.

im happy things are turning up but this is a rollercoaster, when is the plunge is all i'm thinking on this

Dex-chan lover
The end of that chapter hit hard. It's crazy how those simple words can mean so much.

Dex-chan lover
I wanna be happy and hopeful that things will only get better from now on but i am also paranoid things will get bad again lmao.

I'm happy he's making an effort to get along with his parents again though. 🙂

Shuzo's growth as an artist here is pretty damn neat to see. First few volumes we see awkward anatomy and such, right in the middle his style starts to show, but he still uses photographs as backgrounds. This volume you can really notice his artstyle fully develop into what it is now. Ditching the photographic bgs and made it all hand-drawn, + those signature lines we see from Chi no Wadachi. I love it.

Users who are viewing this thread