The Former Hero Wants To Live Peacefully - Ch. 20 - The Hero Is Troubled By The Newcomer

Dex-chan lover
If you really need a shitty nun in the villages, should have send Stella instead.

Dex-chan lover
I thought she was just playing Devil's Advocate, but she's just an annoyance.

Dex-chan lover
not like goddess can't interact with mortal like in other series so what the heck is she doing? can't she just drop by and tell the nun no?

Dex-chan lover
Um, telling a goddess and the hero what is allowed by the gods... thats some next level arrogance.

Dex-chan lover
Welp, manga just skipped out so much stuff from the novel during the past arc lmao, after chapter 19 i went to check out and yeah, so much stuff left out for whatever reason, who knows what this adaptation doing anymore

The trial basically went down to the Goddess showing up from the Holy Sword and judging the King, at the end of the trial she burst him into flames from the inside as Divine Punishment, his body turning into ashes and the Goddess sealing them into an urn so his soul can't be reborn again, even if he manage to, he only gonna live a miserable life, oh and the Prince was supposed to be in the trial too, 19.5 is the Prince outcome after the trial that they didn't show fully lol
Pretty sure i hear (from someone else) that is the plot from webnovel and not from the light novel. I can't say for sure so I would love for a little confirmation from you.

But man, the heck with that bitch. I'm pretty sure that the Queen isn't that cocky but how the heck she's the one being sent into the village

Dex-chan lover
At this point I'm just reading to see how much worse it can get :v
Same, this manga is so successful to keep people for reading it not because how good is it but how much worse it can get just like what you say!

Dex-chan lover
Pretty sure i hear (from someone else) that is the plot from webnovel and not from the light novel. I can't say for sure so I would love for a little confirmation from you.

But man, the heck with that bitch. I'm pretty sure that the Queen isn't that cocky but how the heck she's the one being sent into the village

That is the plot from the webnovel tseng is mentioning. But if the light novel changed to be like this, then the editors need to be lined up against a wall and shot. Because the tone has drastically changed, and it's incoherent af.

In the WN, Cynthia is no fanatical bigot, but someone who's taken in not only beastmen, but 2 demon kids, and opens an orphanage in town to take care of them and any other orphans that happen to pop by. There's also a spoiler regarding her background, but, considering how mangled this is, I have no idea if that's going to be true anymore.

EDIT: I don't have the LN, and can't say for certain, but, judging by the reviews on Amazon JP, events shift around some, but it doesn't seem from the comments (passive hero and not much crisis or tension) that it's significantly different from the WN. Iunno, maybe someone who can read the first volume of the LN could say more.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I have a better idea. Corrupt the nun! :meguusmug: Make her see the errors of her way. ;D

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
?? Considering how the Queen are it feels odd she will send someone who acts likr this fully knowing what Noel thinks lol

Aggregator gang
Welp, manga just skipped out so much stuff from the novel during the past arc lmao, after chapter 19 i went to check out and yeah, so much stuff left out for whatever reason, who knows what this adaptation doing anymore

The trial basically went down to the Goddess showing up from the Holy Sword and judging the King, at the end of the trial she burst him into flames from the inside as Divine Punishment, his body turning into ashes and the Goddess sealing them into an urn so his soul can't be reborn again, even if he manage to, he only gonna live a miserable life, oh and the Prince was supposed to be in the trial too, 19.5 is the Prince outcome after the trial that they didn't show fully lol
Where did you go to read the LN/WN!?

Contributor
Someone slap some sense into this nun, please.

Religious fanatics, amirite?
They were at war just a few months ago, the girl was a general in the demon army, demons wanted the extermination of humans. The only one that is actually reasonable here is the nun and you all are like this just because she is a cute girl. If the demon girl was just a commoner, it would actually be reasonable, but she actively participated in the war. Just think about a certain war that we had in real life, then put one of the generals of a certain side in the place of that girl, are you really going to act the same way?

Dex-chan lover
There's been far worse.
I mean it was tough by the previous standards of this series. I don't remember previous chapters having that much stilted syntax and awkward literalism. It's almost like previous chapters had a proofreader and this one didn't.

Dex-chan lover

That is the plot from the webnovel tseng is mentioning. But if the light novel changed to be like this, then the editors need to be lined up against a wall and shot. Because the tone has drastically changed, and it's incoherent af.

In the WN, Cynthia is no fanatical bigot, but someone who's taken in not only beastmen, but 2 demon kids, and opens an orphanage in town to take care of them and any other orphans that happen to pop by. There's also a spoiler regarding her background, but, considering how mangled this is, I have no idea if that's going to be true anymore.

EDIT: I don't have the LN, and can't say for certain, but, judging by the reviews on Amazon JP, events shift around some, but it doesn't seem from the comments (passive hero and not much crisis or tension) that it's significantly different from the WN. Iunno, maybe someone who can read the first volume of the LN could say more.
Yes, the LN have some differences to the WN, but it isn't a drastic change to the plot at all that would make it seems that it went like with the manga, is mostly reordering of the events, manga just offscreened most of the stuff going on in this arc, only thing that actually got a really big change is how they dealt with the whats her name ex saint and her baby in the LN compared to the WN, and i could think various reasons why they did it

But the Goddess appearing in the trial, punishing the king and all the aftermath went the same, shit this chapter alone here is already several chapters into LN Volume 2, so they just skipped a big ass chunk of story again

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
They were at war just a few months ago, the girl was a general in the demon army, demons wanted the extermination of humans. The only one that is actually reasonable here is the nun and you all are like this just because she is a cute girl. If the demon girl was just a commoner, it would actually be reasonable, but she actively participated in the war. Just think about a certain war that we had in real life, then put one of the generals of a certain side in the place of that girl, are you really going to act the same way?
No, it's exceptionally unreasonable to want total annihilation of a former enemy nation. Even more so after the war is already over.
And for soliders, war is just business as usual anyway.

Double-page supporter
Recently every chapter i read i wonder if i missed 10 chapters or if the Scanlation group missed something...but it is just the author cherry picking what plot from the novel they want to half focus on. Was nice to see Noel kinda stand up for Sara. Maybe sometime soon we will kick the rude bitch out as Noel never asked for or wanted help from anyone both sides need to GTFO but of course the author has them being dumb for drama sake

Contributor
No, it's exceptionally unreasonable to want total annihilation of a former enemy nation. Even more so after the war is already over.
And for soliders, war is just business as usual anyway.
At no point was "total annihilation" mentioned, not even on the chapter. I clearly pointed out I would understand if she was just a commoner, but she isn't, not even a soldier, she is a general! death penalty for those that were in power is the normal, while imprisonment for life is the minimal. it's even more reasonable to do that when their objective was your annihilation.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Hahaha pretty much how religious organizations do 'business' since the medieval ages up until now. Noel really needs to put the nun into his harem soon.

Users who are viewing this thread