The Former Hero Wants To Live Peacefully - Ch. 9 - The Hero Gets Induced

Dex-chan lover
It would probably be for the better to remove the rotten heads of the shitty kingdom, but what do they want the hero to do? He seems pretty content in living life and capturing anything that could be a danger.
Realistically it would be one of those situations where the holy kingdom would either hand some of the conquered territory over to the mc as well as a noble title befitting him, or perhaps just give him the kingdom and put him on the throne, it's pretty obvious they can't beat the hero after all so i doubt they are gonna try and strongarm him.

That being said even if they do offer this i expect him to reject it, even though this would likely prevent far more hardship and suffering of the people if they remove the king, he wants a "peaceful life" even though the only way he's gonna get peace is if the kingdom's situation is solved, but this is a japanese manga so yeah.

Dex-chan lover
The English looking to colonize a new place

Thanks for picking it up. But I have some suggestions. Please use honourifics instead of using Mr. or Mrs. Most people here already know what they are or just forgo the Mr. and Mrs. stuff altogether. And you already use -dono so I see no problem with using the rest. Get a non-ESL proofreader, someone who's a native english speaker post on r/manga or r/scanlation on reddit or on the scanlation forum on here. Or use chatgpt to check your grammar. Upscale the pages and reduce noise, use waifu2x (select all images in the folder). Or any other upscaler and noise reduction software. Please use different fonts https://www.insidescanlation.com/etc/the-idiots-guide-to-editing-manga/guide/type/fonts.html. Here's guide. Remember to upscale raws before cleaning and typesetting.

And if you see double page spreads please combine them so it's one page, as per upload guidelines.
Personally im against upscale because everything I’ve tried ended up looking slightly off and when you zoom in the effect gets worse.
Thanks Clee for the tl

Double-page supporter
Font choice is much better while i didn't mind the last one i get were some would have troubles with it and this was a good choice as a replacement. That Prince fellow is going to start a lot of wars with way of speaking. You can't just walk into someones home and insult their way of living but can't expect anything else from someone that i am guessing has had everything handed to them and seems himself as a God above the people.

While the Queen might look worse with the whole "I want to destroy your kingdom" i like the way she handles business as no one wins with having incompetent people taking charge of an Army that will become her problem in the future so why not remove the problems before wars start and civilians die.

Dex-chan lover
Also from the last chapter it sorta seems like the saint his child hood friend was under some sorta spell at least that's how it looked with the marking on her head.

Nah, it doesn't seem like that. I mean, I skim through the raws on rawkuma and re-check the chapters that has both the saintess and the new girl/holy queen, Mirage.

They both turn out to have the same kind of marking on the forehead (Stella) and chest (holy queen Mirage)

Stella has that mark since ch.1 (young Stella from pg.16 of ch.1 didn't have the mark yet)

Ch.18 from the raws has the saintess Stella being confronted by both Noel and Mirage, seemingly Stella's mark get forcefully removed by Mirage, probably by the way of the Goddess or something in regards to the Goddess

At this point onwards, the series of events gets all wonky as hell back and forth

Dex-chan lover
(young Stella from pg.16 of ch.1 didn't have the mark yet)
More spoilers, since source WN is fairly.... flat, in terms of story depth.
I mentioned in an earlier post about how "Revenge" stories fall into one of three ruts, right?

Supposedly Stella used to be an innocent, friendly daughter of a greedy town lord couple. Who sent her to the Capitol school for their own networking, "she got bullied" (yes it literally says that) by aristocrats, and her personality got warped and ruined; becoming as greedy as her parents.

Then she gets sent off to the Holy Country under Mirage to get recognized as The Saint for the hero party, ignores Mirage's lectures on how a Saint needs to remain chaste, gets her powers -- then proceeds to do all that crap from Chapter 1 and engage in earthly relations with the prince (pre-marriage) and carries a girl child.

...then the crazy as hell "Zamaa" Japanese plot kicks in. (Literally that word, by author, in ed note.)
And this story falls hard into the third category of JP revenge fiction I warned of: Deus Ex Machina.

Note: in the WN, there is "Arc 1", then "Bunch of disorganized chapters running ten times that length with no heading".
So the author clearly didn't think their story through enough, with concrete, defined, coherent story arcs.

Last edited:
The bolding on the first character at the start of the sentence makes it kinda hard/annoying to read. But overall the font is pretty nice

Dex-chan lover
ok im in support of this church doing a colonizing... wait am I the baddy?
This actually isn't the first time a plot like this was mentioned.

In one of the books of the bible, for the followers of God to live and prosper in the promised land (Israel), they went to war with the people there known for committing numerous sins and conquered the land for themselves and the victims of those sins.

It's a pretty short summary of what happened with little details, but I recall the bible mentioning a book like this and I was pleasantly surprised at the time. It just goes to show that even if God condemns those who committed murder (unjust killing), he's totally okay with killing for a greater cause. Whether colonizing a nation through religion makes one a 'baddy', however, I'm a bit as gray in that area as you are.

Dex-chan lover
She wants to conquer this rotten kingdom? Alright.

O6y8HzG.gif

Dex-chan lover
Our MC is a real hero. He expects no rewards nor personnal gains, he just wants to help people in need. :salute:

he doesnt care about being the hero or to be known as the hero but tells everyone that he is the hero and the writer makes sure to tell every person more than once that he is the hero. Im surprised that the typical bathing scene didnt pop up at least once by now.

Contributor
Both of them have tantalizing offers on the table if Noel was looking for revenge. But both options also run counter to his goal of living a peaceful village life. I expect him to also decline the queen's desire to conquer the kingdom, because it endangers the lives of the people living with him and at the moment they're already strong enough to fend off most incursions into the village. If he accepts, they'll all get involved in a likely bloody war of conquest. At least for the short term, that's a very bad thing.

Users who are viewing this thread