The Former Prostitute Became a Rich Wife - Vol. 5 Ch. 39

Group Leader
高い does mean expensive without a doubt; not sure why you'd put a note about it ever meaning anything else when obviously in the context of "something valuable".
Just confused by that long paragraph, really. :nyoron:

Anyway, about the actual chapter: really makes you think when complimenting someone can be considered sexual harassment (referring to one panel of the last few pages.)

Dex-chan lover
I'm anticipating the plot to be that Honoka is such a soap nerd that she took her little black book of sexual techniques for each customer to the camp (to work on it or something) and that it getting stolen by the thief's how she's gonna get found out.

"Excuse me! Is there a err... Honoka here? A Honoka who's missing a book about the best ways to lick dudes' balls?"

Power Uploader
高い does mean expensive without a doubt; not sure why you'd put a note about it ever meaning anything else when obviously in the context of "something valuable".
Just confused by that long paragraph, really. :nyoron:
I wouldn't normally have added it.
I more so remarked upon that it was strange that I felt compelled to note that “時計” can mean “clock” or “watch”, and that I felt compelled to note that it's the interpretation of the translator that it's a “watch” even though the context makes it quite clear, but that I somehow didn't feel compelled to make this note about “高かったネックレス”.

I think the reason might be that even absent any context whatsoever, “高かったネックレス” to taken to mean “expensive necklace” on it's own, whereas “時計”'s meaning here is interpreted by the translator. What probably also helps is that in the case of “高い”; it actually feels like two different meanings of the same word even inside of Japanese. But with “時計” it simply feels like one word, not two different meanings, it just so happening that another language, in this case English, has two words for that depending on the form factor. Much as in English “to wear” does not feel like three different words, even though in Japanese three different verbs exist depending on what one is wearing.

Dex-chan lover
An is cute. Also if I said a girl looked good in a swimsuit (or even saying something fairly casual like "you have nice hair") only to then proceed to accuse me of sexual harassment, I'd never talk to her again. Why must we conflate genuine complimenting with sexual harassment? That's just so absurd.

But anywho thanks for the translation.

Double-page supporter
I'll bet next chapter with how this writing is going, is gonna find a way to accuse Honoka and the fatty

I'll bet next chapter with how this writing is going, is gonna find a way to accuse Honoka and the fatty

I clearly feel that.

But there's also the other option from @Salfaro that Honoka was robbed from something showing she's a sex worker.

Anyway, drama incoming !

Users who are viewing this thread