The Former Prostitute Became a Rich Wife - Vol. 5 Ch. 40

Power Uploader
I’m just sick of the pommy slang.

Bit shit innit.
So what would you do?
  • Render Tokyo slang as some other slang, say Boston, Glasgow, Jamaican, Sydney?
  • Not use slang at all and act as though the characters speak in standard Japanese when they aren't?
  • Not use slang but provide a translation note with each character describing the type of language that he uses?

Dex-chan lover
His mom made it happen going from sex work to using that as a means to found a company. Neither of them should be a ashamed. The world is tough and did what she had to do to survive in it and she ended up thriving instead.

I guess no one wants to say that their mom is (or was) a sex worker, but it could be worse. She could be a sex worker AND a downright abusive parent (like Honoka's). But she's clearly very sweet.

Thanks for the translation.

Dex-chan lover
This manga would be dogshit without the slang. The author is braindead. Simple as bruv.
So what would you do?
  • Render Tokyo slang as some other slang, say Boston, Glasgow, Jamaican, Sydney?
  • Not use slang at all and act as though the characters speak in standard Japanese when they aren't?
  • Not use slang but provide a translation note with each character describing the type of language that he uses?
Fwiw, I’m Australian. You poms suck at cricket, beer, and pies.

Plus, I’m not here to fuck spiders let alone punch on with you limp wristed chavs.

Calm ya tits and fuck yourselves.
Oi. Oi. Oi.

Users who are viewing this thread