The Fragrant Flower Blooms With Dignity - Ch. 46 - The Birthday Present.

Dex-chan lover
Damn, yall needa chill now. What's done is done. Imo, if you get snipped, just continue uploading where you were. Yeah, it's rude and it sucks and all that. But no point wasting time and energy on it after just warning/telling the sniper off.

Besides, whenever someone new (or people that know about sniping/quality) comes along, they're going to be reading the main group's scan. Isn't that how the website works too? It continues from the last group's upload.

Group Leader
Damn, yall needa chill now. What's done is done. Imo, if you get snipped, just continue uploading where you were. Yeah, it's rude and it sucks and all that. But no point wasting time and energy on it after just warning/telling the sniper off.

Besides, whenever someone new (or people that know about sniping/quality) comes along, they're going to be reading the main group's scan. Isn't that how the website works too? It continues from the last group's upload.
Nah just wanted to throw some shit, we will continue releasing chapters as I will continue throwing some shit

Fed-Kun's army
Bro, this is a snipe, they are working on this manga, it is not fair that a random comes and steals the manga and their work. They are going to translate all the chapters, they warned that they have taken a break because it is exam time and they did not have time. You're stealing, it's not fair
He's not stealing anything. The other group doesn't own the rights to the translation of the manga. As shitty as sniping is, there's no stealing here or any bullshit like that.

Dex-chan lover
Seen these arguments countless times by now, so I believe you all can stop typing, cause each side won't listen to the other.
The group won't drop the series just because of a petty snipe.

PS: at least learn how to divide words before attempting any sort of typesetting, dear sniper.

Double-page supporter
He's not stealing anything. The other group doesn't own the rights to the translation of the manga. As shitty as sniping is, there's no stealing here or any bullshit like that.
I mean he is kinda stealing and also lying since he stole the title page from the spanish tl and is lying about it in the credit page and also about the reddit post that they themselves made and then ragequited from reddit lol

He is stealing, in fact he has copied from the Spanish scan. If you do not have values and respect, it is not the fault of the rest. Many of you talk a lot about how it doesn't matter and that we are whiners, but if something like this were to happen to you, you would be just as angry as we are.

I expected the heat but not to be raided by the discord and also threated to be mass reported to MangaDex staff for stealing, like you guys are talking about right now.

I didn't steal anything, or maybe we all did since all you guys are not the official publisher from what I know.

I told on my notes that my TL was based on the Spanish and Japanese TL, I tought it was clear enough when I wrote it, maybe I should re-write.

Also, again, I'm not the reddit poster, but if I knew I would get heat and you guys would attack me so much surely I would not use my personal account like a dumbass.

Moreover, take care everyone.

Power Uploader
I expected the heat but not to be raided by the discord and also threated to be mass reported to MangaDex staff for stealing, like you guys are talking about right now.

I didn't steal anything, or maybe we all did since all you guys are not the official publisher from what I know.

I told on my notes that my TL was based on the Spanish and Japanese TL, I tought it was clear enough when I wrote it, maybe I should re-write.

Also, again, I'm not the reddit poster, but if I knew I would get heat and you guys would attack me so much surely I would not use my personal account like a dumbass.

Don't deceive people. If you used the spanish release as a base, just say so. It's obvious that you did.

Group Leader

You think you are clever huh? You literally stole the title page from the Spanish Scan and said you redrawed it all by yourself doing a horrible job, you left SFX from the Spanish version there and didn't bothered to erase them even though they were over white surface.
You uses the exact same name from the reddit account that YOU erased when everyone said that you were in the wrong and now you want us to believe that you are a different person.
You only are a liar and a thieve, cause at least the Spanish team buy the raws every week to make the chapter the same day.
And no, you are not a dumbass you are even more than that and a coward that hides behind anonymity. Peace.

Dex-chan lover
i was so worried something bad happened in the chapter itself when I saw the comments count lmaoo

Group Leader

Also as part of the Spanish team, the leader and I would like you to credit us for all the work you "used as a reference" STOLE please and thank you.

Last edited:

I think you're misunderstanding, they're are asking you if you edited the Spanish release(as in the pages themselves) for your own version. You stated pretty clearly that you based your TL off theirs, that's a different matter.

VIP
@Exocitus It's a pretty decent first release, thanks for the effort.

The Spanish group is being butthurt about this and trying to pull a Batoto.
One problem: this isn't Batoto.
I think you could've been a bit more clear by saying that you used a portion of the Spanish release (i.e. redraws, translations) in your own English release. Using a JP raw -> clean example (below) in your credits page wasn't a great idea either, because a few people who couldn't comprehend English and context saw it as implying you basing your entire chapter on the Japanese raws.
q7V3GNU.png

They also claim these (see below) in #support on the Discord server, but I don't see any such claims from you. Could you elaborate on that please?
TlfPfSZ.png

PzBpobC.png

Overall, I don't believe anything was "stolen" here. Groups retranslate based on other groups' works all the time, and there's no need to get worked up because of that. If you're scanlating something, you should understand that you are essentially releasing it into the public without any licensing or copyright on your part.

MD grants you control over your own releases and some basic protections against blatant copying (reuploading of your chapters, etc) but a re-translation into an entirely different language, although frowned upon if it's not from the original, is not against the rules.

As for "sniping", as a concept it is absolute bullshit. You don't hold rights over a certain title's releases at all. This isn't Batoto. Groups can release as they wish, and aren't obliged to follow your opinion on whoever should be scannielating a series at all. Please grow up and do something better with your time, rather than complain on the mongolian basket weaving forums.

Group Leader

I think you could've been a bit more clear by saying that you used a portion of the Spanish release (i.e. redraws, translations) in your own English release. Using a JP raw -> clean example (below) in your credits page wasn't a great idea either, because a few people who couldn't comprehend English and context saw it as implying you basing your entire chapter on the Japanese raws.
q7V3GNU.png

They also claim these (see below) in #support on the Discord server, but I don't see any such claims from you. Could you elaborate on that please?
TlfPfSZ.png

PzBpobC.png

Overall, I don't believe anything was "stolen" here. Groups retranslate based on other groups' works all the time, and there's no need to get worked up because of that. If you're scanlating something, you should understand that you are essentially releasing it into the public without any licensing or copyright on your part.

MD grants you control over your own releases and some basic protections against blatant copying (reuploading of your chapters, etc) but a re-translation into an entirely different language, although frowned upon if it's not from the original, is not against the rules.

As for "sniping", as a concept it is absolute bullshit. You don't hold rights over a certain title's releases at all. This isn't Batoto. Groups can release as they wish, and aren't obliged to follow your opinion on whoever should be scannielating a series at all. Please grow up and do something better with your time, rather than complain on the mongolian basket weaving forums.
Don't need to grow up yet and I like complaining so no thank you

Double-page supporter

q7V3GNU.png

TlfPfSZ.png

PzBpobC.png

tbf the main problem is that op lied about some stuff in the credit page , like the reddit post they saw was actaully a post they themselves made and then ragequited and deleted their account cause they didnt like the answers they got. + the titlepage they said they worked on even tho thats the one from the spanish tl. All they had to do was just not say anything in the credits page lol

q7V3GNU.png

TlfPfSZ.png

PzBpobC.png

The problem is that he has lied and stolen, whatever he says. If he wanted to just read it he could have just done it and if he wanted to be a scanlator he could have gone into the scan and helped and not sniped. Sniping is disrespectful and even more so if it is done this way, he has not ask for permission and on top of that he has lied and stolen. If you think that sniping concept is bullshit, congratulations, but for those of us who have respect for the work of others, it seems disrespectful and wrong

VIP
tbf the main problem is that op lied about some stuff in the credit page , like the reddit post they saw was actaully a post they themselves made and then ragequited and deleted their account cause they didnt like the answers they got. + the titlepage they said they worked on even tho thats the one from the spanish tl. All they had to do was just not say anything in the credits page lol
op lied about some stuff in the credit page
Where exactly?

the titlepage they said they worked on even tho thats the one from the spanish tl
fLhKe2E.png
IiQUVWq.png

Putting quality aside, these are redraws on top of the Spanish release, are they not? They obviously did work on this, basing off the Spanish RD from the Japanese raw, although they weren't exactly clear on that fact. I can absolutely see a newbie taking 30 minutes on these.

the reddit post they saw was actaully a post they themselves made and then ragequited and deleted their account cause they didnt like the answers they got
Can you link that here, please? I may be missing context since I haven't seen the post.

Users who are viewing this thread