The Fragrant Flower Blooms With Dignity - Ch. 70 - Within One’s Heart

Double-page supporter
Is this gonna get dropped? since the simulpub has been announced 😭😭😭

Fed-Kun's army
This chapter made me break down, but before that, Madoka is such a gem lmfao. Anyways I can unfortunately relate to this.

Being labelled a genius back in my middle school days, I took it with pride, I thought it was something to be proud of (I mean it probably still is to some people and it's alright!) but when quarantine hit, it made me realize that the people around me.. just weren't my friends and that they were only using me because of my "Genius" label.

And when I failed on some classes due to factors in my life, they just went and disappeared from me. Suddenly, at the same time my grades worsened, they started to call me shit like "failed Genius" and shit like that which fucked my mental health even more I had to switch schools for my final year in Junior High.

Now that I'm entering Senior High I hope to God that I finally rid myself of the Genius title I used to hold proudly and just live life normally, and like him, maybe.. just maybe find friends that I can count on.

Group Leader
i like this manga but i feel like it hasn't really progressed a whole lot since the confession!

Supporter
Thanks for translation! Or would it be more fitting in case of this manga to say 'sorry for translation'?

Double-page supporter
If the rumors of the Kodansha simulpub app being riddled with microtransactions are true, I sincerely hope they don't drop it

He's not wrong. This has always been a major problem with education and something I think Japan handles really poorly (along with similar countries). It is a complex issue with no perfect solution. Kids are thrust classes and given academic opportunities based on their perceived intelligence, but 1) the primary goal of education is development (academics are largely worthless until you get into higher education and have a clear understanding of your career path) and 2) these are arbitrary distinctions that are based on a specific form of intelligence that isn't always applicable.

I'll say I honestly enjoyed being placed into AP and gifted courses because the work was more challenging and it encouraged me to learn how to think and not just breeze through stuff. It did create definitive social barriers between me and my peers and limited my interactions and social development to an extent. I really can't say whether that's a purely good or purely bad system because while what I learned wasn't important how I learned it was (I was went insane in any non AP classes for how much I had to slow down and just the style of teaching did nothing to make me want to learn how to think through problems).

I think the much more clear issue that comes in is when we start throwing in labels. I HATED being called smart by other students for much the same reason (and kinda the opposite). I didn't study and had a lot of academic short comings. I was just good at memorization and test taking and retaining information from class. Certain subjects like math came easily too me and I did well in class and that was it. For the most part I just enjoyed challenging classes. I didn't always love the work but I did enjoy the discussions we would have and being placed in class with other students who were passionate with learning. I think it fostered a better environment for me that wouldn't suit everyone.

you tack on a label to someone you're also in a way taking away from that person and generalizing them. Even as a compliment when you call someone smart, you're making assumptions and applying social attributes to that person they may not ascribe to. This really doesn't happen and isn't an issue when it's said as a passing comment or adjective or literally just a compliment to their personality, but it is an issue when that's all you see of a person and all you can describe about them. I acknowledge its a pretty common human trait but I'm not a fan of how much we break down and generalize people into categories (though I'm sure I'm guilty of it myself).

The big issue with Japan and similar countries is that they further turn an already messed up education system into a competition between peers and use students as examples to shame what higher-ups see as lesser humans. It's dehumanizing to both parties and is directly counter to the development of minors in education. This is why I personally made a point of never sharing grades in public school. It's no one else's business and it doesn't freaking matter. Literally no one is ever going to ask someone after they graduate how they did on a single test. After you get into college you're told NEVER to mention your high school grades or extracurriculars (generally) ever again. Even once you graduate university your GPA doesn't matter that much compared to the fact you got a diploma. Putting students into a psychological competition against each other over an education system where value is arbitrarily defined is ridiculous and a detriment to what education is supposed to be about. The purpose of academia is to develop the individual or the society as a whole. Nothing's getting developed by posting everyone's grade on a board and shaming anyone who didn't do the best.
im not reading that but thats a good analysis (i didnt read it)

Unlikely to happen due to the fact we absolutely don t know anything about Subaru,Saku,Yorita and Usami backstory and lifestyle is like even now. They haven t explore the side characters enough and the conflict between Chidori and Kikyo is still here and the creators just bring new characters just recently

Double-page supporter
Unlikely to happen due to the fact we absolutely don t know anything about Subaru,Saku,Yorita and Usami backstory and lifestyle is like even now. They haven t explore the side characters enough and the conflict between Chidori and Kikyo is still here and the creators just bring new characters just recently
I didn't mean dropped by the author but by the translators here 😅

I feel like its time for the creator to explore more on Saku,Subaru,Usami and Yorita backstory and lifestyle is like at home in the future chapters soon. We know nearly nothing about them besides very bits and pieces only from Subaru(She was bully in the past due to her hair) and Saku(we only saw his sister and his past of being friends with Rintarou and the others which is still doesn t explain much about him personally). We know nothing about Yorita and Usami whatsoever.

Rintarou and Kaoroku characters arc are complete by chapter 58 they have solve their internal problems,issues and etc they have already officially date and their backstory and lifestyle have been explore completely except we haven t see kaoroku father thats about it. Their parents are both good parents and would have approve their relationship. Their characters are done unless their new problems,timeskip and possibly Marriage or They start doing things like kissing,hugging and etc. Other than that there is nothing more to be done with them. Creator shouldn t focus on them again until at least the other side characters have their arcs and characters arcs complete

I am happy now its Saku arc to finally start. I got feeling Subaru has a foreign blood relation because it seems like her natural silver hair is consider weird in Japan and this story setting

Last edited:
Checked the discord, and said to say I’ll Rather Sleep Team did drop it. Here is the statement from them:
Majorly disappointed in them for doing so, I get it that they don’t want any more drama and possible harassment from Japanese lawyers, but it is what it is. I did get confirmation tho that the Spanish team is continuing it, so for those lucky enough to know Spanish will continue on with new chapters. Or try to see if any of the other sites will have new chapters… unless you are committed to shelling out possibly a Benjamin or two to keep up with the official English release

Double-page supporter
Checked the discord, and said to say I’ll Rather Sleep Team did drop it. Here is the statement from them:
Majorly disappointed in them for doing so, I get it that they don’t want any more drama and possible harassment from Japanese lawyers, but it is what it is. I did get confirmation tho that the Spanish team is continuing it, so for those lucky enough to know Spanish will continue on with new chapters. Or try to see if any of the other sites will have new chapters… unless you are committed to shelling out possibly a Benjamin or two to keep up with the official English release
Fuck 😭😭😭

Users who are viewing this thread