The Fragrant Flower Blooms With Dignity - Vol. 9 Ch. 65 - Face to Face

Double-page supporter
what does she mean :unsure:
She's suffering from a sort of cognitive dissonance from encountering something that challenges an existing belief she embraced as fundamental, in this case "Kikyo is better than Chidori, I am better, my grades are fine in that context, etc." In this case she's doing better than some do when faced with that, and asking, experiencing pain, trying to learn. Plenty of times in real life analogues "Poor people are stupid, insert race here is inferior, insert orientations or gender is silly or dangerous" people just choose to pretend the contradiction doesn't exist, or load up their brain with junk food info sources that agree with them so they have an excuse to not self examine or think at all.

Dex-chan lover
"Why couldn't you... just be the chidori you're supposed to be...?"

I think she's sad cuz she always view chidori guys like punks and hooligans; and now that she sees they're nice guys she feels guilty, so she would prefer them to be punks and hooligans that feeling guilty.
I think.

Aggregator gang
well to be fair, it is easier on one self to be like: at least the big bad of "insert name of group of people of whatever you don't like" are worst then me. it's like if you learned an antivax or a flat earther was the nicest person you've ever met. the illusion of I am good, they are bad and stupid would crumble.

Dex-chan lover
Last chapter: People raging over a kid deciding to stop dyeing his hair to make a better impression on his girlfriend's friends. "How horrible it is that he has to conform to society, rabble rabble!" Nevermind that the reason he started doing that was as an emotional crutch at a time when he had almost nothing to lean on - a situation that since changed, removing the need for the crutch, regardless of whether it is something he will want to go back to afterwards.

This chapter: A girl had massive issues because her school's policy basically labels her as worthless because she does badly at their retarded competitive useless trivia memorization game, aka high school education. She now encounters people who the same system labeled as even more worthless, except they're nice, good folks, entirely not the inherently inferior trash the system brainwashed her to see them as. This basically pushes all of the buttons her abusive school system put in her to make her feel even worse about herself, making her feel miserable and awful. She reacts in the way people react when they're in emotional distress - badly. Most of the commenters - "Wow she is dumb, she is horrible, she should be punished for being the way she is, rabble rabble.".

People are shit. That refers to most of the commenters here, not the characters, the characters are just kids and are the product of their environment.

Dex-chan lover
Aaaah, maybe I bit understand what in Ayu's head.
It's something like culture shock, or maybe her common sense is bit messed up because someone always "doctrined" her. Maybe she already think "the outside other than their environment is bad", so she shocked when she found that the reality is not like that.

For me, Ayu's case are not rare. It's more like "gatekeeping" act from parent, school, and even surroundings to make her keep "pure" or maybe another reasons. Of course it's not a good thing because it's limiting her view and her mind, she will difficult to accept reality, and bring out a complexion in her personality. (If I were wrong please correct me, I just speak out of my mind haha. Thankyou)

Dex-chan lover
Common Madoka W all this chapter, that girl in the end I don't think she meant anything bad she clearly realised that her worldview and everything that she was taught by adults in her school was a lie and those boys aren't monsters. I pity her it would be shocking for me too if i was in her situation!

Dex-chan lover
Yes, this is what I'm talking about. A shitty character. She can't accept some Chidori students is better than her or equal to her peers in Kikyo. She probably struggle in her school and her grade cannot be compare to others, and find solace thinking that, at least, she is better than the one in Chodori.

But the reality burst her bubble and shocked her. She can't accept it.
How the fact that she is shocked by her worldview being a one big lie and misconception implanted to her by her teacher makes her a girl with shitty character. Ayu has right to be freak about those boys are kind, smart and proper. Not the monsters she was taught about, everyone would question the reality in this case.
Also I absolutely hate the teachers at the girl school they made those girls fear other ppl, scarring them for life in some cases! Fuck them!

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Yeah. We don't really feel for you girl.
I do. She seems very insecure, her grades are around average or even a bit below, and having a school just next door where guys were supposed to be nasty and bad at school was providing probably some form of confort for her, like "there are people worst than me". This fantasy is shattered and she at least does not try to evade it, she acknowledges that the guys are nice and can be brilliant. So it brings her insecurity forward. Of course we like characters like Usami, the king of team building, but I have empathy for characters like her who are not bad per se but are a bit lost.

Yup, the only "guilty" people in this are the adult from Kikyo who are actively spreading this propaganda.

Double-page supporter
what does she mean :unsure:
She's the average in her school, so she took comfort that there is a school that is worse than her, which makes her elevated. This meeting kind of breaks her bubble and preconception.

Her preconception as in 'those from Chidori are delinquents good for nothing and I am better than them.'

Users who are viewing this thread