The Galactic Navy Officer Becomes an Adventurer - Vol. 2 Ch. 13.5 - Cleria and Conversation with the Spirits

Dex-chan lover
Note to those reading the WN version - its updates are slower since author is apparently prioritising writing the LN version, much to the dismay of some WN readers.

Manga is likely adapting the LN content, which may see revisions compared to the WN.
Vol 4 was the latest release (Dec 2019). https://www.kadokawa.co.jp/product/321909000141/

Vol 5 is scheduled for Jun 24th, 2020. 
https://alert.shop-bell.com/ranobe/detail/3455/

Dex-chan lover
Probably the chapter dump i was most looking forward to, I really enjoy this manga. Thank you.

Dex-chan lover
This is pretty good, thanks for translation! Very much so!
Why Gore tag tho?

Dex-chan lover
@zz2000 always found this one a bit odd. The LN version is the one putting food on authors table, so of course he'll have to prioritize that one. He's probably even contractually obliged to do so. I mean, it sucks for those of us who are just along for the free ride, but it is not like he owes anyone free content.

Orangescans man... Good?

Thanks for the scanlations. Good quality, and I have enjoyed reading the manga. I honestly expected it be pure power fantasy, but there's a lot more than that

Dex-chan lover
Raws show manga is currently at Chp 15; scanlation covers the 1st 2 available manga volumes.

@Ixiaz Japan's webnovel readerbase play an important role in drumming up hype and interest for WN title. When they give the WN enough likes and regularly discuss it, a publisher will get wind of the WN, sees it as potential new marketable LN series and then give the author a publishing contract. It's why you see authors thanking their internet fanbase for helping to bring their WN to publication.
It's usually expected that an author will update and maintain both their WN + LN versions of their titles, partly as gratitude to their followers and partly to maintain a preexisting loyal fanbase. If loyal enough, said fanbase will always go and buy the LN versions and manga adaptations to support the author. So yes, to an extent the author owes the local fans free content where possible to keep their goodwill.
If the author can't prioritise the WN due to diverging plot points, it's usually expected author will inform their fans beforehand. I recall some of Galactic Navy's WN readers commenting on the author's WN page that "if you can't continue the WN version, at least let us know beforehand. Don't keep quiet and give us false hope re. WN updates; after all it was Our support that made your WN get notice and published".

Dex-chan lover
What i hate from WN version is "cooking" parts.
I always skip cooking chapter 😁

Double-page supporter
Wowzee thanks for all these chapters..... Hope you guys well, god bless you!

@ksen I think it's because there's some gore scene here.... that's what gore tag is for right? Those knights that got butchered up..also those monsters..

Users who are viewing this thread