The Galactic Navy Officer Becomes an Adventurer - Vol. 3 Ch. 15 - The "Bountiful Harvest" Inn

Aggregator gang
@Kaarme Its Japanese they can put anything they want and the reason its mostly Japanese food is because their Japanese and their familiar with it there are some western food but if you look at it closely most western food that appear are food the are familiar to the Japanese readers. If you want western food then go read Restaurant in another world it fits the theme. Unless you have interest for it you do actually look up other peoples food and mostly knows food that your familiar with. A lot of people this days don't even know how to cook.

Aggregator gang
@Salfaro, I've noticed that the currency value isn't consistent. I think it might be a translation issue. In previous chapters, in one panel his reward was 400,000 guinea then in another panel later it was 4,000 guinea. After that, I stopped paying attention to the amounts he talked about. I mean he didn't even flinch when the price of the armor was high although he supposedly didn't have enough money to cover it if the 4,000 amount for his reward was right. Then in the next scene when he was diving up the money with the village traders, that was more than the supposed reward itself. So the currency amounts in the translation seem inconsistent to trust.

@Kaarme, @Hell_Satan, I agree with Kaarme about the food. I see it as laziness but at the same time understand that the authors may not have the ability to experience different cuisines. Still, if you're going to make a story based on Western style medieval worlds and fantasies then you should be willing to do some decent research to apply that to your story. It's the same thing as making a story based in the aforementioned setting but all the characters have Japanese names. Or have a character reincarnated in that setting but maintain their Japanese name then act surprised when someone says their name sounds weird. I see it as laziness in creativity.

In this particular situation, we have a character who comes from a galactic society and the author can't be creative and come up with different types of cuisines and what not? Given we don't know what he actually made, I hope in coming chapters it's not necessarily Japanese given the MC's name is Alan and all that.

Group Leader
@elroy79 excuse me, but could you provide some screenshot on where you found the inconsistency in the currency so that I can fix it?

Aggregator gang
@Elroy79 I suggest you subsribe to one of my favorite channel Modern history TV and
Shadiversity
they made a small video about food on medieval times yeah there is not much variety compare to Chinese, Korean, Japanese or mostly food in Asia or America and Europe today Medieval food do look good though and I would definitely eat them.
Add: They don't even eat breakfast back in the day people only eat two times a day.

What did peasants eat in medieval times?
How healthy was medieval food?
What did a knight's vassals eat?
What did rich nobles eat in medieval times?
Medieval Misconceptions: FEASTS, DINING, ETIQUETTE and FOOD, filmed at the Abbey Medieval Festival

Add: I suggets you really subscribe to them specially
Shadiversity
my favorite video from his channel is Female armor: Fantasy vs Reality Explain a lot about female armor.

Aggregator gang
@casteryvan, I did a quick re-scan of everything so I may have missed some things. Initially I think I got the value of Cleria's mythril armor mixed up with the reward money. I see that the reward money was roughly 220,000 (rounding it up) and the armor smith said her armor was worth 400,000. Apologies there. The only other thing I noticed that threw me off was the switch from Guinea, to Silver coin to Gold coin, but I didn't think that was a translation error, however it didn't help gain an understanding of the value between the three.

However, the 400,000 versus 4,000 number that was in my head started with chapter 12 when Cleria and her Uncle Ludovic were discussing the enemy's numbers and they said the main enemy force was 400,000 strong and heading towards them. Their main force, if they pulled them all together was 5,000 less than that which should be 395,000. Of course, their messengers were intercepted so they were only working with whatever forces the Ludovics had and their allies around them and I didn't see a number. In the next chapter when they are getting information on the battle from Turas, the main enemy force suddenly dropped to 4,000? Images below:

Chapter 12
z16.jpg

Chapter 13
y9.jpg

Aggregator gang
@casteryvan, no problem.

@Hell_Satan, thanks for the links. I was aware of Shadveristy since I do write novels, etc. (Don't judge me based on my sloppy writing here) So I stumbled upon him during research. I'll check out the others as well.

Aggregator gang
@Elroy79 Hope you like his channel its goo material specially when it comes to medieval history and knight if your interested in Japanese history and samurai I could recommend another channel.

Double-page supporter
@TrapCard113 @Ainzell Rice here in my place is a staple food and eaten 3 times a day, the rice itself without anything else is already delicious. I understand that some Isekai Manga treats rice very highly because trust me, 1-2 days without rice for our people is like we haven't ate anything yet.

Double-page supporter
Those spell books writers should be filthy rich. Unless the spell books are written in some special ink or paper.

Fed-Kun's army
Well, I understand that 400,000 versus 40,000 problem, but in this case 500+750=1250. Bumping it down to 1000 is a 20% discount that is not mentioned in the text. He just assumes it immediately, and the owner confirms it.

Double-page supporter
@mrmm ummm is it that great eating rice without side dishes? I mean it's quite bland...and only will taste sweet if you chew it longer...but I sure would won't eat a rice without side dishes, at least give me some sauces so it won't taste bland...

Double-page supporter
Even in the manga it devolves into a cooking series it seems.

I thought this manga was going to be quality but it’s all over the place. The main guy is too perfect at everything with no effort. It’s looking more and more like a stupid Izikie with a bette set up

Users who are viewing this thread