The Galactic Navy Officer Becomes an Adventurer - Vol. 6 Ch. 39 - New Allies, New Mission, New Problems

Dex-chan lover
The "deity" is probably related to the whatever created/put the various human species on the planets around the universe that was mentioned in the first few chapters. This is actually really exciting and could be super cool if executed well.

Dex-chan lover
I always hate the stupid trope of "I'll tell you later" like just say it instead of all the cryptic stuff instead, wouldn't take much to go "I'm a goddess, the world will be in peril, keep doing what your doing" same message and not cryptic to the recipient.

Also for rescuing people in a dungeon they have waaay too much supposed "free" time like 3 hours before it goes off plan? :O

Dex-chan lover
I always hate the stupid trope of "I'll tell you later" like just say it instead of all the cryptic stuff instead, wouldn't take much to go "I'm a goddess, the world will be in peril, keep doing what your doing" same message and not cryptic to the recipient.

Also for rescuing people in a dungeon they have waaay too much supposed "free" time like 3 hours before it goes off plan? :O
The "goddess" probably wants to tell him way more details than the 30 seconds of lethal poisoning would allow her to. Like she said, this was an access test (curious terminology for a goddess of a world without technology) to see if she could interact with the nanoms. She will probably be back later to tell in more detail.

feels like there is another ai(s) trying to hack into his nanom and eventually contacting iris via magic. perhaps there is another ship on the planet surface or orbit belong to other species? (one with an available reactor or something similar) the prerequisite of him being a noble might relate to some sort of magic transmitter relic in the castle (like the one used by the guilds only this one is directly connected to the ai(s)). while the poison state, increased nanom resources allocation to fight the poison while decreasing the allocation for a firewall. hence her "access test". she is not trying to contact our boy.. but rather iris.

Double-page supporter
Getting the vibes that said goddess is less divine and more so some high tech AI from the ancient past that's been abandoned. The line about his duty as a member of the human species is kind of suspect and points to the prevalence of humanity as something intentional. Likely to counteract the alien bug monsters. But as always this theory just brings up the question of what happened to that original high tech civ for there to almost be no traces of them but all humans seemingly are fine.

The goddess is probably not a goddess but more an intelligence like the Asgard of Stargate but in immaterial version. So rather the Ancients but much more involved in our plane

Dex-chan lover
He has been given higher judicial powers, why not just use those against the Prime Minister? They already know he collects poisons and regularly kills people.

I'm wondering if the Goddess and these people are actually remnants of an even older ship crashing. The people survived and thrived on the planet, but whatever sci-fi abilities needed to connect with the old AI have been lost. The magic powers could actually be older nano-bots that have evolved into their own unique thing or something.

He has been given higher judicial powers, why not just use those against the Prime Minister? They already know he collects poisons and regularly kills people.

I'm wondering if the Goddess and these people are actually remnants of an even older ship crashing. The people survived and thrived on the planet, but whatever sci-fi abilities needed to connect with the old AI have been lost. The magic powers could actually be older nano-bots that have evolved into their own unique thing or something.
Not quite agree on the shipwreck part but yeah, the "magic" could much more advanced nanoms. As a great author once said, "any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

Dex-chan lover
Considering the dynamics I'm seeing in this title I would say it works like most other titles, in which case there are limitations for a diety to descend/manifest and influence the world.
Again that assumes its actually a goddess and not an AI. If it's an AI it would have vastly more freedom in action, such as blasting the MC's ship out of warp as we saw in the beginning of the manga.

Staff
Super Moderator
Let's not disregard the possibility that 'this deity' is the one who has wrecked the 'tonnage in orbit' in the first place.
Yeah I think this is the most plausible thing that could've happened.

Users who are viewing this thread