The Gamer - Vol. 5 Ch. 364 - Season 5 Chapter 14

Aggregator gang
Thanks for the chapter! So Jihan can divine the future decisively. When he sets a condition to the divination, it must be the future of the condition no matter what people do about it. That's one more op thing to add to the list.

Fed-Kun's army
Wait so he just accepted on behalf of the dan-ui guild? He's not exactly the leader of the dan-ui guild so what gives him the right to decide for them whether or not they can or can't attack this dude's guild or his allies? This seems like nonsense.

@Baysiri I think the contract implies that Belyj Lyod is allowed to break the pact of non-aggression if Dan-Ui attacks them umprompted. It's up to Jihan now to convince them to adhere to it as well

Dude’s got the eye of Ra on his hand, Rasputin might be more than Rasputin before he was a Russian

@Baysiri They are more than welcome to attack the ruskies as much as they want, but that would mean they would attack back. He made sure Bely loyd never attack first, that's a great term they should be happy he accepted on their behalf.

Dex-chan lover
I've wondered this for a while, but what happened to the official translation?
Webtoon is still at the season 4 finale.

Dex-chan lover
@Klordz
It's different from his own terms however. The Gamer can attack Bely Loyd's allies and he will not be breaking the non aggression pact with Bely Loyd whereas for Dan-Ui to benefit from the non aggression pact, they also cannot attack any of Bely Loyd's allies.
So what happens if Bely Loyd's allies attack the Dan-Ui guild?

@Kireato Rasputin literally just agreed that them and their allies wouldn't attack first, so if that happened they would break the contract with the gamer.

Normally you would check the opposite as well. Making an agreement might have a great outcome but not making it might be even better.

Dex-chan lover
@Klordz
Did the "we" from "As long as we aren't attacked first, we won't attack Dan-ui guild either" mean Beliy Lyod members or Belij Lyod and their allies? Does this clause also prevent the Gamer from attacking one of Belij Lyod's allies? Is there a public list of Belij Lyod's allies somewhere? When Belij Lyod speaks of allies, what happens if they break some of their current alliances or make new ones? What happens if the Gamer makes a new ally and wants to include them in this non aggression pact?
It's all ambiguous for me.

There's another part where the wording used makes no sense; one of the terms of the non aggression pact between the Gamer and Belij Lyod is that attacking the other's allies is allowed, but when the Gamer brings up that he would like Dan-Ui to be included in the non aggression pact (because they are an ally to himself and he doesn't want them attacked without himself being able to help) then the prophet states that "if you must include Dan-ui guild as an ally" and I'm like, no, the Gamer doesn't want Dan-Ui to be considered an ally that can be attacked. Perhaps there's an issue with the translation and here is is instead meant: "if you must include your ally the Dan-Ui Guild"

I'm sure this is meant to be understood in a simple manner, but I wondered what loopholes there might be but I don't see the wording used to be clear enough.

Dex-chan lover
rasputin with his almost almighty power of foresight...
jihan be like: wait.. let me check my tarot card...

I mean, the vow of secrecy is not problem for him - he'll just say "trust me", and his friends/teammates will be chill with it. And the head of the Church must obey him, anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread