The Gender of Mona Lisa - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - Out of Place

Well, it's apparent that Hinase is a special case, so why can't they be 'neither'? I don't think the issue is that the MC specifically wants to a gender so much as they don't want to feel left behind, or as the title says "Out of Place". It's possible that they could still accept being who they are now. Though, if they do choose one, I don't think it will come easily.

I don't know if anyone noticed, but Shiori says on pg 28 that he thinks that it is likely that Hinase will become a guy. It seems like this is the reason why he feels like he needs to be more aggressive.

Fed-Kun's army
Missed translation there. Shiori said maybe Ritsu was shocked because she liked Shiori, and that was what ticked Ritsu off.

I can't help thinking that they are the ideal if I got to choose I would stay nothing and frankly I think they don't want to choose either

Omg Shiori is such a bad friend, i hope Hinase chooses Ritsu and ends up being whatever she/he wants.

"So you can decide on how to reply to my confession with your body"

WHAT THE HECK WAS THATTTTT!!!! AND HOW CAN HINASE STILL BLUSH TO THAT??? THERE'S A FINE LINE ON BEING OVERBEARING OR JUST AN ARROGANT PRICK! AND THIS LITTLE JERK HERE JUST SKIPPED OVER THE LINE!!!

@FloatyBee me too. i believe his behaviour has something to do with his family argument or something.

but i secretly hope hinase become a girl and choose a yuri path

I really hate reading the “become a xxx for me” line. It just feels so suffocating. Even if it’s supposedly out of love, its so disregarding

UGGGGGHGHHH I understand that they love Hinase and all but why does Hinase have to be a specific gender for them to love Hinase? If they really do love Hinase, they'd be fine with either gender. Also, forcing someone's hand is fucking horrible. Shiori is a bigger dick for being more forceful, but Ritsu's also not completely innocent. All in all, the whole, "Be (Certain gender) for me!" is pissing me OFFFFFFFF. For example, what if Hinase wants to be with Shiori but they want to be a male? Does that mean Shiori just won't accept Hinase? AAAAAGGGHHHHHHH THIS IS SO FRUSTRATINGGGG

I am sure there are some people out there which would describe their struggel to get Hinase to be with them ´lovely´ or ´sweet´ but I am definitly not one of those people.
Isn't it just absolutely selfish to expect the person they love to take the gender fitting for their relationship? It's Hinases choice and not theirs and he needs to live if for the rest of his life.

I feel like the MC is getting lots of social pressure, and they just pulled the worst move. Like if they is a guy, he'll disappoint one of his best friends, but if they become a girl he'll disappoint a different best friend. They kinda suck at being friends.
In a world were the lines of gender is blurred, shouldn't MxM and FxF relationships still be fine, as people in this world should just be seen for who they are, so it should just be MC's choice.

Users who are viewing this thread