The Gender of Mona Lisa - Vol. 4 Ch. 17 - An Irreplaceable 'Very Little'

Dex-chan lover
I predict this is done somewhere between 30 chapters total / 30 chapters after this one

Dex-chan lover
This manga gets me so confused. Who is the woman in the picture? What's with with Shiori's friend? Is he gay? Is he in love with the guy on the bike? Who the fuck knows.

This manga gets me so confused. Who is the woman in the picture? What's with with Shiori's friend? Is he gay? Is he in love with the guy on the bike? Who the fuck knows.

My guess is that Shirogane (blonde guy) and the guy on the bike are childhood friends. The blondie has feelings for the guy riding the bike back when they were kids (which doesn't have any gender) up until now even when blondie turned out to have the same gender as his childhood friend.

Which is why the blondie asked questions to Takayama that if their loved ones turned out to be not the gender they prefer, will they still continue to have the same kind of love back then?

p.s sorry for my poor engrish

p.s.s if you look at how blondie ate (gestures) during their convo, its hinted that he has a feminine side.

Bro...does the cram school guy like his friend on the bike? No wonder he was asking Shiori those questions.

All of these "them" as neutral pronoun are so misleading and confusing to me. Can't you just refer "Hinase" as "Hinase" alone?

Dex-chan lover
page 14 how is asking for a high schoolers phone number "sexual harassment"? isn't that just an invasion of privacy rather then just straight up sexual harassment? o_O

Dex-chan lover
Huh so we have a gay dude and a non-binary person in the story now... time to add the rest of the LGBTQ+ community in.

Dex-chan lover
Tfw you don't know what you like about someone so you can't decide if you'll still like them if they change, lol.

This is so complicated. I have always felt since the beginning of the manga, that between Ritsu and Shiori, Ritsu would have been the best choice as she had come to the realisation that she would still like Hinase despite the gender they become. However, I am aware that all the signs seem to point to Shiori. He had a constant anxiety in defining his feelings and whether they will remain intact if Hinase decides to be a man. The friend who asked him about that, I see it more as a warning “ are you prepared for it?” Type of thing

....tbh I kinda want Hinase to choose being a guy and get with shiori. Or maybe they choose to be a girl and still get with shiori dhdjewjshhdeh I just want them to get with shiroi- XD anyway thabks for the new chapter, jdjejwhd can’t wait to see what gender they end up choosing

Dex-chan lover
aaaaahhhh ooooohhhhh the casts widen!!! i like the male new friend of shiori! go get em

also shiori's depth as a character kind of unbalanced with ritsu as his female counterpart. he experienced a lot while ritsu was just ritsu, playing tennis. we kind of need ritsu's chapters to make it even.. personally i like shiori with his all his concerns and worries.. it's very relatable

Dex-chan lover
it's sad to me that it seems the author is going to go with "if Hinase is a guy, he will be with the girl, if Hinase is a girl, she will be with the guy" trope. lame and boring. imagine conflating gender with sexuality, smh my head. i'll be so much happier if they at least make it interesting by going with maleHinase x guy love interest and femaleHinase x girl love interest, at least it would make all the shippers here angry.

Double-page supporter
Ritsu getting shafted real hard. Poor girl needs some relevance to the plot if she wants a chance.
She was my top pick in the beginning because of the whole "I don't want to force Hinase to pick a gender why did I confess like that aaaaa" panic she went through. Then Shiori's rationale was that he wanted to save Hinase's life and welp. Rip Ritsu's chances.

Users who are viewing this thread