The Gender of Mona Lisa

calling it hinase chooses neither and has a harem, with cloaca action.

Dex-chan lover
Imagine... Living in this kind of world... Wanting to become a sword and then you actually became a sword. That would be sweet.

This is one of those 'Technically it's not X, but i still love it' manga for me.
Like a catfish, but not a bad result???
Like, I was expecting genderswap, but can Hinase even genderswap??? Does Hinase even have a gender to swap from???

Also I swear the entire manga's style reminds me of persona 3, like wtf.

@Xanzar I literally died from that (laughing)

Dex-chan lover
I mean I can guess why so much people want an Yuri development, but i wonder how much people are even gay in this world, if you like males it's the norm to become a female and the reverse. I wonder how difficult is go get a person when most chose to become the opposite of the ones that they like, gay relationships are probably even more rare than in our world. Of course there must have people that like being male(female) and like guys(girls), but I wonder how hard would it be to find someone with the same taste...

@Admmi

I haven’t read this (but I’m about to)

It doesn’t seem impossible to fall in love with someone of one gender at 14 (looking at the description here), develop in the opposite direction of that person, then to fall in love with someone else at a later time.

If anything, having so many people changing genders might make it so that there are more same-sex relationships.

(I’m assuming that once you’ve changed sex, it’s locked in)

But hey, maybe I should just read it already, instead of assuming everything.

Dex-chan lover
I don't know what I was expecting but it certainly isn't this...
Changing one's gender based on attraction is just... dumb, plain stupid. Idk if the author is trying to represent non-binary or not, but if they are, they sure do a terrible job of it

@zokoi19 maybe I understood it differently but I thought that they choose the gender they want to be regardless of their attraction to the opposite gender? Like "I want to be a man because I want to" and not "I want to be a man because I'm attracted to this girl"? If it actually means that they become the opposite of the gender they like.... That sucks

@zokoi19 the manga's entire premise is two characters who 'chose' (?) opposite sexes liking someone that still doesn't have a gender though. So it'll require quite a bit of assumptions (at this point) to say that their own gender is based on their attraction.

Dex-chan lover
@No_tears_only_dreams I thought it was "I'm slowly changing into a girl because I like a guy"? Because clearly the MC is being influenced by others and isn't actively choosing to become anything.

@Quaesitio well yes, others seem to become whoever they want to be, but it was because they already know what the want to be. The MC who had no idea of what they want to be, is being influenced by them. Or well, that's how I see it.

Anw, this just ain't my cup of tea because apparently, in a world like this, intersex people aren't a thing. Or probably they all died, because the world of the author keeps killing anyone who isn't a boy or a girl.

@zokoi19 aah...so you meant the character's change, not the concept for the entire novel?
I would agree that changing based on (other's) expectations is ridiculous, but changing based on attraction should be considered just as valid as changing based on your own feelings (I'm not sure which version you meant, precisely). (Edit: or just as valid as the choice to not change at all)

I don't have a preference, and you do express it as a personal opinion, but if I may ask - why does the fact that there are no intersex characters matter? (I'm only at ch 3, so I could stretch and argue that we just haven't met them yet but, based on the doctor's approach, if I want to force them into the world I'd have to say that Arima isn't being considered intersex because they haven't declared that (as opposed to being undecided).)

Fed-Kun's army
I know how alot of people are arguing about the philosophy of this manga, but like, I want to say, this art is really nice, it rather captures the mystery quite well and the occasional colouring also defines the most important parts without being to overwhelming

Dex-chan lover
The synopsis reminds me of a series I like, Fluidum by GirlsOnFilm.

Users who are viewing this thread