The Ghostly Doctor - Ch. 179

Dex-chan lover
It's pretty impressive that everyone is just willing to accept this. Did the emperor have literally no-one else wanting to back him? A bit of poison and turning on one of your supporters isn't going to make everyone turn on you normally.

Ah, well. It's pretty clear there was a lot (the black market etc) that wasn't under his control.

Fed-Kun's army
Could that woman at the end be a new character, or maybe MC future self (albeit purple/blue combo looks odd for her) ?

Dex-chan lover
@Red225

Oh he probably do, nobles etc etc.
But right now the majority of the military is backing the MC.
The biggest problem should be the people who want the prince on the throne.

Dex-chan lover
Lol they didn't even try to stand with the previous emporer, so what will happen to his done. Will she kill him or just exile him, unless he already left when he notice his father loosing it

"Hi, dad! Glad your cultivation went well. Oh, me? I'm just taking over the country atm, don't worry 'bout it."

Dex-chan lover
But if the Mad King is dead, and DIDN'T lord over them the fact he kidnapped old man Feng, then who did?

Dex-chan lover
uh is it just me or are some of these speech bubbles just filled with repeating text?

Dex-chan lover
@Wolvenworks I almost didn't notice myself. I'm so used to it due to another group that I think it's starting to get automatically ignored.

Group Leader
@Wolvenworks yup. Crazy emperor’s missing text should roughly say. “Inconceivable! Feng Xiao, how is it that you are blessed with the favor of the sun?“

“ 怎么可能?凤萧怎么可能会有福泽霞光”

My pitiful elementary school chinese is not too sure about the last two characters.

Also why the Phoenix empire? It’s because their family name, Feng, is the same word as Phoenix, Feng-huang.

Why would they get more mixed up in things, I thought they wanted to live happily lol.

Supporter
@Aniryu Once again I am late, but...

I think at this point they didn't have a choice. Trying to force the MC into marriage as a concubine, not even a wife proper, was like a slap to the face at best. When they didn't meekly accept their daughter being shipped off like a whore or cattle he tried to assassinate the head of the family. A man that, as far as we have seen, has been nothing but loyal and supportive to the royal family. At that point I don't think there was a way to end it peacefully. He basically declared war on their family. Even then they didn't retaliate, they abided by their family's word/code/honor/contract and gave up their nobility/standing. That was the biggest olive branch they could really extend, it was them stating that they didn't want to fight. If the Emperor was sane he would have just dropped it and forgotten about them. Instead he pushed again/farther, at that was one step to many. Only other way they could maybe have settled it peacefully would be if the whole family/clan packed up and moved to another country, which isn't a simple or easy thing to do in their era/time. Even then there is a good chance the Emperor would still send assassins after them to make sure they didn't "turn" on him or become a problem. The 3rd Prince saw it all coming, he even tried to warn his father but he wouldn't listen. When the prince left after their last fight I got the impression he knew that his father was going to die for his idiocy.

Saddest thing is that if the Emperor had just patted the family on the back or ignored the lightning he would still likely have the solid support/loyalty of the Fengs. Frankly I think the Emperor was either legit going insane or was being manipulated/driven insane. Some of the leaps of logic and actions he took didn't seem like the actions of a sane person.

@saphirekosmos
Once again, I see your face... (heh)
I wasn't questioning overthrowing the emperor, there was really no way they could avoid it any further whilst keeping their heads on their shoulders, with the continuous attempt on their lives despite their long time of loyalty to royal family. They kept getting backstabbed, so of course they'd snap. He really was a laughable emperor. You're right that he was losing it, and he seemed to have been doing so for quite the time. It might be whispers from the shadows, poison, or a kick of your typical emperor paranoia. Who can tell if we'll ever truly know?

It's more like a complaint anyway, I didn't like the idea of their family ruling over the empire and having to deal with all that drama. And you know the MC will never sit still, so she's basically just shoving all of the responsibilities over to her father after stirring up a mess. You kinda have to fill in the plot holes yourself in this story to enjoy it, but I'm just whining a little while I do it.

Supporter
@Aniryu Yea, I tend to see a lot of familiar "faces" when I binge a series since I like reading comments to see other's thoughts. One of these days I'll get an actual Avatar. Probably not today though. I am far too much of a lazy blob to try finding one at the moment. XD

Yea, I was kinda hoping she would throw everything at the 3rd Prince since he had some rights to succession and seemed decent/smart enough. Oh well.

Also get the frustration/need to vent on some chapters. I am often nearly yelling at my monitor while I read some of these things because characters can be so damned stupid sometimes. Plus if you vent/comment sometimes good discussion can come up. More than once I've had things cleared up or changed my mind after seeing someone else's take on a chapter or character.

Users who are viewing this thread