The Ghostly Doctor

Story flow is disconnected and confusing, things just end and some characters are left hanging!

Also, I really dislike manhuas that have pretty cover art but crappy actual story art (off-portioned bodies, inconsistent panels)

Barely on the third chapter and I'm already lost. From what I can tell some girl dies and is reincarnated into our mc's body, no context as to why she knows how to fight, she sees some ghost in the mirror and thinks it's completely normal. Then out of the blue she's outside and is calling someone her uncle? Top all that off with the terrible translating "Let your grandfather beat you to death" like really who tf says that. I'm gonna read it a bit more but it really doesn't seem promising as of right now.

How on earth is this a spoiler? It's in the fucking description "She, the leader of the hidden sect, specializes in poison and assassination. A genius, and a weirdo, in the eyes of others. After dying from an accident, she was reborn in the body of a disfigured lady. "

@BallsHoles "no context as to why she knows how to fight, she sees some ghost in the mirror and thinks it's completely normal. "

She says it herself, she was the head of a secret sect. That's the context for how she knows how to fight. She also just fucking died, transmigrated and came back to life, why on earth would she be spooked (no pun intended) by a ghost? Also, while the comic doesnt make it particularly clear she isnt seeing a ghost, the conversation is happening in her mind with the remnants of the previous hosts consciousness. The whole grandfather thing is a cultural issues. I mean dont get me wrong the pacing is pretty rushed and its generally trying to hold its head up to just being ok so if youre not feeling it move on (or try Peerless Alchemist, which is quite similar but a better adaption of its source material)

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

@Uthred
Yeah I kinda figured out her being able to fight right after I commented. I probably would've read more if the translation wasn't so rough though, definitely would've been easier to understand if they translated it better.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

The writing slowly degrades, not the translation. The mc becomes stupider the longer it goes on and follows the generic cultivation crap cycle.

Maybe I'm just tired...but did the art (specifically the faces and facial expressions) look off in this chapter?

Users who are viewing this thread