The Girl from Random Chatting! - Ch. 134 - Decision

Group Leader
Hi, guys. Sorry that I'm late with this chapter. Got a bit sick.

Alright, here's the poll - https://linkto.run/p/3VHD4TK9

Double-page supporter
Bro just said we could be friends and let it be that, MC is still a dull retard after all this time.

Man I usually don't complain about translations cuz, well, it's better than nothing, but the plot is such shit lately and that coupled with the cringy memes forced into the dialogue and TL notes that break the immersion are gonna make me drop this. Just gonna pretend the story ends after Jjunu and Hamin start going out.

No hate to the translator tho they certainly have their own style of translating and put effort into the scanlation, just not my thing.

I mostly prefer Lila because I'm used to it. Also it sounds more fitting among the other korean names, and I'm pretty sure Lila is korean.

I wish MC wasn't as dumb as he is. He could have told her they need to just be friends. Plus, Hamin ain't a psycho. Still, we've known MC is an idiot and has been an idiot since the start. We shouldn't expect better.

I really feel bad for Lila though, I like her.

Group Leader
@houzi I don't mind that you find the memes cringey, everyone have their own taste. But saying that it break your immersion, really? Really? Also just once, I "forced" a meme into A dialogue.

Breaking the immersion? Not by long shot. There's a reason why they're not right in your face. But I'll still take extra steps to make sure people read the important notes at least, so thanks for the criticism, it still gave me some ideas.

And the whole point was to lift up the mood by humour, because people get so serious in the comments. Didn't worked for you? Fine.

At last, never say "No offense" when your words are going to offend, just say what you have to say. Saying no offense just makes it worse, just giving you a tip for future.

do you know why author changed lila's name? its just weird. i read these episodes somewhere else and i just thought translator did a mistake lol. btw thanks for translating! im happy it continues here as well. i will definitely read it again!
even if i find the change is weird, i will vote for sarah, because it changed in original language.

@Agent4T7 Look man/girl, I'm also a translator, so I know all about the struggle of invisibility and wanting to stand out or leave a mark in your translation, hell, Jorge Luis Borges, one of the most important literature writers of all time (and a translator) constantly played around with meaning and form in his translations. So, trust me, when I said 'no offense' (which I didn't really say but, rather, implied) I didn't mean it in a condescending way, I truly didn't mean to offend you because I understand where you're coming from.

Sure, I was a bit rude by using 'cringey' and 'forced', but as a translation purist myself I did get a little worked up with the meme. I don't mind memes finding their way into the translation, I've read manga like Komi-san or Kaguya-sama wherein the translators make constant use of them, it's all about the context though, the scene was a very intense moment between the characters and one I was eager to see for a while now, and you putting a meme in that very intense scene did, for sure, break my immersion.

So again, my opinion is not some objective criticism and I don't wanna come across like an old man yelling at a cloud, it's just my opinion, which you sure as hell didn't ask for, but I wanted to say anyway. We're in the internet after all.

Group Leader
@houzi I didn't put in the memes to stand out. It just comes to me naturally.

I never said you were rude either. And again thanks for the criticism.

I think you didn't understand my words. Also your message is filled with a lot of filler, which makes it unclear.

You can say whatever you want to say to me, I won't mind. Perhaps that'll get your message across better.

Fed-Kun's army
My dude you got triggered by the use of "No offense". His message gets across fine, you need to work on your reading comprenhension.

Users who are viewing this thread