The Girl from Random Chatting! - Vol. 6 Ch. 58 - Subtle Disaster

Dex-chan lover
@matcap always cool meeting another Hamin bro
i just want Joonwoo to stay away from her, even though i know he's a good boi that wants to help her.
this all started b/c he had a crush on Sungah and decided to help her out
every time he's said he just wants to help that sincerity is perverted into something else because he winds up getting too invested
i'm meming a bit (cuz i do this every time he wants to do something good for sungah) but its also misgivings... as long as she has a "reason" to be relevant in the story that inkling of concern will nag at me

Dex-chan lover
@ariette thank ya thank ya for the chapter
as always doing amazing work
happy holidays my dude/gal/resident of the underworld

Man, for a sec I was thinking he was gonna give him a swirly in the stalls and drown him. Lmao but he's mc so he'll be fine.

So what is the point of class rep? He is at the stalls on the window side, and Junu is at the door side at the taps... Maybe he wants to see if Junu really changed like Hamin said or gets into a fight? Because the logical choice (for a changed Junu) would be to... simply walk away.

Dex-chan lover
"Why didn't you come to school over summer break?"

Did language change? I don't understand why you'd do anything if it was a break.

Also, "Girls don't need a reason" made me laugh so hard. I was just watching a bunch of Bill Burr bits.

@Lithe Asian kids still show up to school in the summer for summer activities like sports clubs or to make up exams. Of course you're allowed to skip, but isn't that commonplace.

@Badpaly42 No, there's a big difference. Selfishness have no regard to other people for one's own benefit. Self interest is just that, just the well being of one's self, you can put your concerns first without necessarily doing harm for others, or a least with no intent to.

Fed-Kun's army
@Lithe that's one reason why Asian kids are smart, their educational structure prioritizes study more than play.

dude another week? that is not fair/...
anyway, Hamin deserves more than Sungah...

@givemersspls My mistake. I was comparing it to how in Japanese series characters still show up to school during summer break and assumed that it was the same thing.

great chap and thank you for the translation!
Random chatter fans, author did a special "opening animation" for his fans as a Xmas present, enjoy : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmCRdVGAOPk
google translate:
"For your readers, we collected the contents of his first webtoon of random chat and created an opening-style animation. Wouldn't it be like this if random chat was an anime?
It was made with my own money and I hope it will be a great gift for you and your readers at Christmas and at the end of the year!

Dear Mr. Lee,Thank you for allowing me to use the song freely,
Writer Park Soo-bong, who helped me with the production,
The studio shelters who worked hard
And thank you for always loving my work!

Merry Christmas, everyone!"

m8cqc9.jpg

Omg, this whimpy actually has a nice biceps muscle.
No wonder he was masochist over Taeyang.

Dex-chan lover
@nfzeta What I meant is that the story is deliberately misleading with the evil aura it gives to him. He admits to observing and acting according to the context, but this means he is analytic and at worst calculating and opportunistic, but still nothing is actually clear about his goals.
For example the end of this chapter implied that he's now going to beat up Junu beause nobody's looking and he would get away with it. But surely he won't do anything as such next chapter and just walk away.
The whole crux of the matter rathern than him being a master villain is that he disapproves of Junu's apparent methods. Which is judgemental and based on erroneous assumptions, but this only results in Rep being mistaken about him and having a wrong outlook rather than actual evil.

Fed-Kun's army
@Entryhazard That's honestly still besides the point though. He is not really stopping/interfering/beating Junu because he doesn't like his methods but more than his faulty methods are the excuse he uses to eliminate him from Sungah's life while also putting him down to make sure he stays down.
The way he goes about it shows its less about him wanting true correction and more about destroying what he sees as a nuisance.

The whole thing about someone not having actual principles behind their action is what also puts negatives in his camp. He's acting 'accordingly', and that's it.

Dex-chan lover
Just kill those dropouts already!! Why are they still around after this much time??!!

Users who are viewing this thread