The Girl from Random Chatting! - Vol. 6 Ch. 61 - PUSHOVER

This school just lets fights break out every five seconds.

Dex-chan lover
Lila getting all this hate when she was literally the one who pulled mc into this state of change. Sure, Lila hangs around bad people and does bad things. But it doesn't change she is hurting and that her nature is twisted as a result of her bad past. She cries for help by doing what she does and rejects everyone and everything because of what has happened to her. As a result, she takes tries to take advantage of others.

Despite that, her time with joonwoo was definitely genuine. And even if it wasn't, it doesnt change the fact that the few weeks they were hanging out changed him for the better. He feels indebted to her and wants to help her like she helped him. Understand that because of that, unlike the self deprecating character called Sungah, Lila holds a much higher place in mc's heart at this point. I want to see joonwoo help Lila like he is helping sung ah here.

I thought the knockout blow was Junwoo throwing an elbow. Like others have said, doesn't make sense that a punch would suddenly work by holding your wrist. But turning over your hips while striking someone with a large lump of bone? Night night.

Dex-chan lover
Not sure about how that last punch worked, but my assumption is he held his wrist to keep it in place since one of the biggest weaknesses of your punch is a limp wrist

@Bladestone

This line of reasoning I can accept. It makes sense and is quite rational. However, tbf, both Joonwoo and Taeyang have equal parts blame for the misunderstanding. In the same way Taeyang didn't trust his friend, Joonwoo did the same. Remember, Joonwoo thought that Taeyang broke his promise that he wouldn't interfere with Yuri and when they confronted each other about it, instead of trying to talk things out and being civil about it, both of them took aggression with each other... Unfortunately for Joonwoo, he overestimated himself and underestimated Taeyang...

Still, I'm not making any excuses for Taeyang. As I've said, Joonwoo has every right to be pissed, but he should acknowledge that things are only where they are now because he's to blame as well. Pretty sure if the Joonwoo now (this chapter) was the one dealing with Taeyang back then, maybe they would've settled their problems then and there.

@Koyomiya

Nah, that still won't fly with me. It's not to say Lila was the only one who helped or tried to help Joonwoo. It's just that she's the first one he willingly accepted help from. Hamin, Yuri, Taeyang (to some degree) and even the dick class prez have extended their hands to him on multiple occasions, but he was such a defeatist back then that he perceived anyone trying to help him as people who'll deceive or betray him...

Oh the irony. To put so much faith into someone whose betrayal could've left him hospitalized or even crippled and turn down two girls who genuinely always looked out for and have protected you on multiple occasions. No amount of reasoning can justify Lila and make me sympathetic towards her.

I've already accepted that she'll be redeemed at a later juncture, but that doesn't mean that I have to like her. She has to give literally an arm and a leg to save Joonwoo from some dire situation for me to even think about considering that.

Dex-chan lover
@MK-95-
That's the thing though. Others have tried to help and he rejected them. Why? Because he has history with them. Because he saw himself as pathetic to them and as an object of pity from their perspective. But Lila was different. She knew nothing about him and he knew nothing about her except that they are somewhat simliar and that they're both in a pathetic situation. Despite that, he saw her stand up for herself against the minor bully guy. They spent time together and hit it off comfortably, like two wounded dogs licking each others wounds. Sure, she betrayed him and could have put him in the hospital but his rejection of her was just as much a betrayal in her eyes because her emotions and mental stability are rather twisted at this point.

I'm not sure how the plot development would have went if he relied on yuri or hamin. I'm sure he still feels bad about what happened with yuri, and wouldn't want help from her when he couldn't help her when she needed him. And he can't figure out hamin, since lets be honest, he barely knows much about her even though she seems to know so much about him. All he felt when he looked at her was this feeling she was taking pity on him.

And of course, it doesn't mean you have to like Lila. You don't even have to see Lila in a sympathetic light at all. Her character is solely for the purpose of 'I'm fucked up, please help'. Most normal people wouldn't want to deal with that. But our boy joonwoo is now a alpha chad, he'll make it work ?

Dex-chan lover
I'm glad he won, but that punch was on the spectrum.

It was dumb when fat guy used it, it was dumb here.

That punch is so stupid I can't even. The author should've realized that an elbow with the same motion would deal just as much damage. Should've kept the elbow move.

Author needs to go back to fighting school. Using one arm to support the other is just wrong. A boxer like Joon Woo would know this.

I think I can understand what MC wanted to do with his punch, this move is not to have a powerful punch, but to support the impact from the punch since he is not that muscular. Maybe it's just to support the pain/ consolidate his resistance

@Akwa I don't think that move is even a punch in the first place. Seems more like the equivalent of an elbow hit, but done with his fist and has his other hand on his wrist to keep it from getting hurt. Notice how he doesn't extend his arm when unleashing it.

[Here is a quick sum of chapter 64 raw last pannels what happens is that jonwoo tells sungah to go out with him.If you're wondering where you can read the latest raws for free you can read it at https://buzztoon.com/%EB%9E%9C%EB%8D%A4%EC%B1%84%ED%8C%85%EC%9D%98-%EA%B7%B8%EB%85%80
]

Users who are viewing this thread