The Girl, the Shovel, and the Evil Eye - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

@mismarca The point isn't about how you see it but how it actually is. Giving your seat to a disabled person is a good choice, not giving it to a disabled person is a bad choice. Ok. But giving it to a fucker that's looking for a fight because MC wants to avoid trouble, how is that a bad choice ? Do you really think that if there are people to testify the fucker asked for it then MC wouldn't get in trouble for beating him up ? That's naive as fuck. It's the choice he made after the experience he had in society, he conclued he had nothing to gain and something to lose if he fought him. That's his choice, it's neither a good or bad one. If that's not the choice you would have made then good for you but who are you to actually judge wether it's bad or good ? And it has nothing to do with being a slave, your way of thinking is pretty narrow on this point.

Then you should proprely grasp the concept of what is a good and a bad action before saying MC deserved it, otherwise it'll make you say something you don't actually think. Just like now.

Ye. How about dying in a accident ? I think that's enough to affect someone's thoughts.

I didn't say it would justify anything. I'm just saying it's natural and understandable.

Fed-Kun's army
@KeyGLaw
Ok. But giving it to a fucker that's looking for a fight because MC wants to avoid trouble, how is that a bad choice ? Do you really think that if there are people to testify the fucker asked for it then MC wouldn't get in trouble for beating him up ? That's naive as fuck. It's the choice he made after the experience he had in society, he conclued he had nothing to gain and something to lose if he fought him.
First of all, the fucker isn't there to specifically pick up a fight with MC, all he wanted was a bus seat and MC was randomly chosen. How come you can be so sure that the fucker will beat him up if he doesn't give up his bus seat?. What is it so special about his bus seat that the fucker have to force into a fight for it?. What trouble is he actually trying to avoid?, I mean clearly he cannot stand up for himself. Fuck his past experience, it didn't even elaborate so I can't relate with it.
If that's not the choice you would have made then good for you but who are you to actually judge wether it's bad or good ? And it has nothing to do with being a slave, your way of thinking is pretty narrow on this point.
Isn't this is why I'm judging him in the first place, because I myself would've choose a different choice. I myself feel that the other choice is better than the current one. The reason I said that he is a slave because he is obeying the order from a random stranger for no reason. He is placing his position below the fucker for no reason.

Then you should proprely grasp the concept of what is a good and a bad action before saying MC deserved it, otherwise it'll make you say something you don't actually think. Just like now.
My point is up there to conclude that his action is a bad one. My mind wouldn't change because I myself would've have choose to stand up for myself. Like I said, I'm not a Japanese. I don't relate to this kind of weak mentality placing myself below the other person like a slave.

I didn't say it would justify anything. I'm just saying it's natural and understandable.
When MC is dying is he said "go die, go die", "why do I have to die", so basically what he is trying to say is why should I die instead of this fucker right?. He is trying to justify himself in that position. He is acting like his position is above the fucker for no reason, because his past action is clearly placing himself below the fucker. Hence the word you can rage all you want but it won't justify yourself.

@mismarca You know what let's focus on a single point. Let's say you're right about MC giving his seat because of a weak mentality. Cause it doesn't really matter either way.

So fucker is intimidating him. He gives his place, out of fear. So MC deserve to die in this accident because he got scared and cannot stand up for himself ? Then does kids who get bullied at school deserve it because they don't to stand up for themselves ? Does women who get beaten by their husband deserve it because they don't stand up for themselves ?

Fed-Kun's army
@KeyGLaw
So fucker is intimidating him. He gives his place, out of fear. So MC deserve to die in this accident because he got scared and cannot stand up for himself ?
You should re-read this chapter because there is no fear involve in this situation. I can assure you that there is not a single fear in this man when he is interacting with the fucker. MC is literally laughing and smiling his ass off after he gave his seat to the fucker. Also it is not "cannot stand up for himself", it is "wouldn't stand up for himself". He himself choose not to stand up. Nothing in there is able to stop him from saying No.

Then does kids who get bullied at school deserve it because they don't to stand up for themselves ?
Your question is too abroad, so I will try my best to answer it. It's either yes or no. There are a lot of factor going on with bullying. There are some specific situation preventing the student from standing up.
First, you need to know the definition of bullying. The definition of bullying is: seek to harm, intimidate, or coerce (someone perceived as vulnerable).
Let say you punch me and I just stood there like an idiot basically acting like a punching bag. Now you know that I just placed my position below you and giving you a green light to do anything to me, and the bullying continues. Now, what if I retaliate and punch you back, do you feel that it is worth taking that risk?. Pretty sure I just punch you back that means I can do other things to make you suffer right?. Now after all this, did you still treat me as a vulnerable person?, I don't think so.

Does women who get beaten by their husband deserve it because they don't stand up for themselves ?
Same thing, the question is too abroad and the same answer yes or no.
First of all why did she get beaten by her husband?. Did she caught cheating or something?. Of course I know that there are abusive husband out there that smack her wife for no reason but it would be great if you give me a specific situation for it.

@mismarca Well, you're the one saying he cannot stand up for himself... What would be the reason if it isn't out of fear.

So if the kid just stand there like an idiot then he deserved it ? Is it the same for raped girls who doesn't try to fight back ?

Yes, i'm talking about the husband being abusive for no reason.

Fed-Kun's army
@KeyGLaw
Well, you're the one saying he cannot stand up for himself... What would be the reason if it isn't out of fear.
I guess I made a mistake there on the word "cannot". I already told you this multiple time. Weak human mentality. He is placing himself below the fucker.

So if the kid just stand there like an idiot then he deserved it ? Is it the same for raped girls who doesn't try to fight back ?
Same thing, the question is too broad, why did the kid just stood there?. Did somebody threat him or what?. Oh, never mind you said he stood like an idiot, so I guess he just accepted it?. Well fuck yeah he deserve it, you are labeling yourself as the vulnerable person there. You have the chance to proof that they are wrong, but you choose not to.
This one too is the same, your question is too broad, still the same answer yes or no. Is her life is threatened or not?. Did she get drunk and pass out on some random strangers place then find out she was raped?. There are some specific situations that I find that the rape victim deserve it. I'm sorry for being cruel, but I'm not a saint either to forgive all this kind of idiotic irresponsible act.

Yes, i'm talking about the husband being abusive for no reason.
Ok, first of all... when is this husband starting to become abusive? I'm pretty sure that he shows some of the symptoms when you was dating him for months/years. What? You don't know? he suddenly become abusive maniac in the middle of nowhere?, well fuck, you need to stand up if you wanted some change in your life. You too scared to retaliate directly to your husband? ask some help from your parents, friends, society and etc. Peoples are not that cruel to ignore your SOS. Of course there are times when the society realizes this and they pull yourself up but hey, rather than waiting it is better to take the chances right?. Oh right, you were asking if she deserve it or not right?, well fuck, I don't know Einstein. This question is too hard for me to answer.

@mismarca I'm talking about situations where the victim doesn't act because they are scared. Everyone has a different sensibility to fear, while you may just punch back, some people will just not react, because when you are scared your brain doesn't fonction proprely anymore. The brain doesn't care about analyzing if you are in a life threatening situation or not and will just make you think that yes, you are. Even if it's just a kid punching another in the face. The reaction is stronger during a rape, the brain will just froze and the victim will be unable to react, to scream, to fight back. They just do nothing, they won't even be able to remember proprely what happened.
They have no logical reason not to choose to fight back, do they still deserve it ?

You're probably going to tell me MC isn't scared but you've been saying he's giving bad excuses for not fighting back because of "weak human mentality". So it's that weak human mentality that would make him scared isn't it ? Or are you saying he's purposely choosing to be weak for no actual reason ?
So it's either he has a reason not to fight back, or he's scared to fight back.

Let's forget about the abusive husband, like you said the situation is different and way more complex. (still gonna tell you that the abuser doesn't suddenly become violent out of nowhere, it's a psychological process that slowly traps the victim and makes it difficult for her to realize the situation until it's already too late.)

Fed-Kun's army
@KeyGLaw
I'm talking about situations where the victim doesn't act because they are scared. Everyone has a different sensibility to fear, while you may just punch back, some people will just not react, because when you are scared your brain doesn't fonction proprely anymore. The brain doesn't care about analyzing if you are in a life threatening situation or not and will just make you think that yes, you are. Even if it's just a kid punching another in the face. The reaction is stronger during a rape, the brain will just froze and the victim will be unable to react, to scream, to fight back. They just do nothing, they won't even be able to remember proprely what happened.
They have no logical reason not to choose to fight back, do they still deserve it ?
Dude like I said, how the bullying/rape happened in the first place. You need to give me a situation where I can decide either he/she deserve it or not. Just because they froze in fear doesn't justify their previous actions that lead them to this bullying or rape.

You're probably going to tell me MC isn't scared but you've been saying he's giving bad excuses for not fighting back because of "weak human mentality". So it's that weak human mentality that would make him scared isn't it ? Or are you saying he's purposely choosing to be weak for no actual reason ?
So it's either he has a reason not to fight back, or he's scared to fight back.
My answer is still the same as in the previous comments. I've already proven my points.

@mismarca Man, do you really think that their is a need for a previous action for someone to get bullied, for someone to get raped ? Kids get bullied because bullies decide to. Just like how the fucker decided to take the MC's seat even though he could just sit next to him. Same for rape, do you think it happen because girls get totally drunk and tease the raper ? I guess it could happen but most of the case that's not how it goes, the raper is usually someone the victim knows. A friend, ex-boyfriend, family... And it just happens cause the raper is horny af.

I guess i'll just explain since you seem to think MC just likes to feel inferior to others.
MC says his choice would have been different 2 years ago but now, after growing up, his choice is different. In other words MC got into a similar situation 2 years ago and learned that standing up for yourself still gets you in trouble.
If the reason was just "weak human mentality" why would have his choice been different 2 years ago ?

To begin with fucker could just sit next to him, there's enough space for that. It's obvious that if he doesn't give his seat the fucker won't back off, he will force his way to have this fucking seat. If MC still resist it'll lead to a fight, no surprise here.
Now winning the fight will make fucker the victim and get him in trouble with the police, seeing how MC is a highschool student he could get expelled from his school. People and his school won't give a shit about who started it, life is actually unfair you know. It's a very common story. And losing the fight will get him beaten up, either way MC sees it as a loss.
Since we were talking about bullies, have you never heard about a bullied kid beating up the bully and then getting punished for it ? Even if you have a good reason to beat someone up and you're just defending yourself, you will get in trouble. That's how fucked up things are, welcome to the real world.

It's just something the MC understands while you don't.

Fed-Kun's army
@KeyGLaw
It appears that you are unable to understand the points that I've made in my previous comments. So, I'm gonna take my way out of this conversation.

@mismarca It appears you are unable to face yourself and consider your misunderstanding, just like the MC you are criticizing. It's a shame but so be it.

Dex-chan lover
why bother with making some nonredeemable asshole character just to dump them in the first chapter? yes there are isekai's like that but they usually bring the asshole along only so MC can fuck them up later on or something like that or karma gets them before MC isekais but here it's just an asshole being as much of an asshole as possible filming and enjoying himself watching a guy dying on the floor and nothing is going to come of it because MC got isekai'd away and we're never going to see the real world again...

Now THIS is an introduction. This feels like a mangaka taking the tired trope of isekai (with loli, it seems) and treating it with some respect.
I could feel this guy's frustration at his death.
I could feel his awe at the mountains, and how it made him realise he was not on Earth.
I am very excited to see where this goes.

Dex-chan lover
The MC wouldn't be the only casualty of the bus crash. The driver was most likely dead even before the bus hit the wall. I mean, a living driver wouldn't normally ram into a wall in the first place. An Isis driver might ram into a throng of people, but that's not lethal for those on board the bus. So, the MC and the driver died.

I can’t help but feel the “this is a new world” moment is kind of stupid, though at least it wasn’t a second moon. I feel the stupidest one I’ve seen was the one with the dude waking up in a grassland or something and saying it’s a different world because the air is too fresh or the like. In one I think he sees a horns rabbit say says the line, though I think most people would think it’s just some rare type of animal

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme the driver could just have a Stroke or so but i think you are right, most likely he is also in grave danger or dead.

the MC should have grabbed the shard and throw it at this asshole.
Most isekai show only the get hit but rarely the how they do the last breath

Dex-chan lover
@Rukja With a wound like that, it's already something the MC had the presence of mind to even glare at the punk so venomously. You'd expect him to be in quite a shock, especially since his brain wouldn't receive blood properly anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread