The Girl, the Shovel, and the Evil Eye - Vol. 2 Ch. 10 - Trap

Fed-Kun's army
I like it. MC isn't OP yet and had to use his mind to defeat the cyclops instead of pulling some new magic out of his butt. Though I wouldn't be surprised if the cyclops isn't dead yet.

Thanks for the chapter

Dex-chan lover
thank god the plot convenience ring just lets you pop huge ass fucking rocks in and out of existence as you please
also how the fuck did they create that stone area if the water pit is supposed to be really really deep??

Dex-chan lover
Not sure if this has already been covered, but is this the same Cyclops that murdered Danalt's old party?

@Kampfarsch
I was thinking they were put in place to kill the boss, maybe.
That is assuming someone made that place for the purpose of it being a type of dungeon/game.

Dex-chan lover
So to build on the evil eye mechanics, looks like it indeed does require the user to glare at the target for the curse to progress, which is good, otherwise it would be too OP of a skill, considering it can reduce HP to 0. Another thing that's really balancing it is the fact that if you use it on a target and it runs away, you're out of a skill and mana until you either find and kill it or it dies on it's own. Pulling aggro is also a balancing factor, otherwise it could have been used for assassinations.

Double-page supporter
@Kampfarsch I'm a bit baffled about the rocks seemingly floating on top of the water as well, but they did spend 24 hours doing stuff before they fought the cyclops. Since Lourie has a magic shovel and the dungeons tend to regenerate any lost bits without the actual mined rock disappearing, then I assume they used the shovel to carve out the walls of the dungeon and get enough debris to fill a small portion of the lake. This means that the water in that pitfall is literally sealed off to the rest of the water as it created a half donut/cylinder that meets with the cavern wall, and the only way out would be up. Since Lourie placed the big rock back on top of the exit, then there would literally be no way for the Cyclops to get out. Either it would drown to death or be eaten to death, whichever is faster.

With all that said, know that I haven't read any source material, so I could be completely wrong. I'm just guessing based on the fact that rocks can't float, the magic shovel, and the regenerating dungeon walls. I guess we'll see for certain next chapter.

Dex-chan lover
That was a pretty powerful trap. But I feel like they overcomplicated it, it would have probably worked with less steps. The first time it climbed over the boulder, just remove it from under him, have him stumble to the ground and put it on top of him. No evil eye, cat and mouse games, pit or fish required. And even if the stone isn't enough to crush him, use that dagger to stab him in the eye a few times and the shovel to bash him on the head while he struggles to get the stone off himself.

Dex-chan lover
It's funny how he keeps calling himself "a loser" when he is surely cooler than most of isekai protagonists I've ever seen

Users who are viewing this thread