The Goddess of Healing - Ch. 16 - Deadly Scheme

Dex-chan lover
why are these ancient chinese stories always full of siblings that hate one another or at least one hates the other? Ffs....

I don't get how these kids always seems down with murder. I can see them being selfish, bullying, wanting to attain higher status and all that. However to actually plot with your mom to kill a person who has done you no wrong without any reservations? Talk about some seriously warped parenting.

Also lets not forget what a scum bag the dad is. Not only is he hiding the fact he had a secret love affair that produced a child, but then he has the audacity to invite them to live in the house of his wife under the guise of charity so he can carry on an affair. In my mind he's also holds some blame for his wife's death as they wouldn't bother to kill her if they didn't already have an in with him to take over the household.

Double-page supporter
@Aeriandra I agree, it's because the child was raised by that women that her morals are askew.
There is very many examples of children being indoctrinated with the beliefs of their parents, be they moral, religious, or political.

@TheGodEmperor because it was actually like that for a lot of people back then... man I hate harems lol it causes half-siblings to fight for the positions of the heir of whatever their father is.

@mojo You make a fair point. At first my thinking was the same as @aeriandria in that I couldn't see how the motivation to gain the upperhand was strong enough to back stab a person who has been warm and welcoming to you. The whole lot of them are terrible! Can't wait till they get their just desserts.

Hope MC realises in time to save her mother. The mother is kinda too naive though, she had already been warned by her daughter and now her servant has let her know what she saw but still no doubt in her heart.

Thanks for the chapter.

i kinda hope the MC learns medicine and uses that knowledge to poison this bitch’s mom instead but I know that won’t happen because it’s too evil for the mc 🤦🏽

Dex-chan lover
@TheGodEmperor That's how royalty and succession works.
Even in real history there were very few handover that went without any family drama (huge or small).
It's because one get everything while the other get just a little and because, after the handover, there would be relatively few consequences for the things which happenend before. (because the one who was the judge, jury and executioner was often the one in power)

Fed-Kun's army
Ugh!! These evil mother and daughter duo. I can’t wait for the FL to outsmart them and protect her mom too.
Thank you so much for scanlating these consecutive chapters!! (It must be a lot of work) You guys are awesome!!! 👏👏👏👏

Ahhhrrrrg my frustrations are reaching its highest peak. This mother-daughter pair of biatches are soooooo anooooooying. Grrrrrrr when are they getting exposed grrrrr better wait for a few chaps to release before reading

Fed-Kun's army
Her mother is way too trusting. She does not even doubt that anything is wrong...

Aggregator gang
Su where are you!! Seriously, these two need to find a better hobby.

Thanks for this chapter!

Meo

Dex-chan lover
Is it weird that I'm not so bad at the villains (who by the way are acting as proper villains) but at the mother who obviously SENSES something wrong but is just hiding her head in the dirt.

Her husband is a cheating scum. She needs to accept that fact and deal with it.

Question. Why is the husband not just blatantly flaunting his past lover? The husband is everything in the family, thus the wife is just powerless without any favor from the husband. Or does the aunt just not want the title of "concubine" to tarnish her reputation?

Users who are viewing this thread