The Goddess of Healing - Ch. 21 - Promotion

Fed-Kun's army
The general likes her! Yaaay! I hope they meet before her arranged marriage. Thank you!

@Chuepomi right! everyone hates the aunt (me included) but the dad is such an useless and unloyal assh#le. i know having concubines was quite normal, but he clearly loves the side more than the main. he better be a beggar at the end of this lol

Just saying tho: Sis needs to break her mum out of that self-imposed state of disbelief. Smack her with the hard truth and irrefutable evidence that her husband is a lying dolt, the woman she invited into her house is a viper, and the viper's child is an actual Devil's Egg.

Yes, concubinage was legal in Ancient China, but they also provided that among wives, the legal wife should be given the most importance. Dude's been showing his bias since Day One. The First Wife shouldn't be content to remain blind, ffs. At least grow a backbone.

On the other hand, love how Jiuqing is holding out against her half-sister, her dad, and stepmum! Props to sis! Also looking forward to seeing developments between her and ML!

i am SHOOK i snooped on the raws site and there are 70ish chapters!! i love this series i hope we can catch up soon!

@astrologia wait, wait. mistress was legal and could have more than one, but there is one thing I think I am confused with. it was provided for the wife... hmm That is kind of confusing because it makes me think that a wife could get a concubine too if the husband did or are you trying to say that the concubine would need to support the wife with wealth too? to get the wife's power in the house.

I think that the daughter is not saying anything because the "mother" is not a mother but a woman and the daughter realize that/ Not matter how much you would say to a woman in love. They become blind and deaf when it comes to saying bad things about her husbands. I hate women like the MC's "mother." The moment a person [YES, a parent it doesn't matter gender] become a parent biologically speaking or by adopting, your spouse becomes a second priority. That is my belief. Otherwise DO NOT GET A CHILD. There are many people who don't want to have a child. Those people are the best suitors. People are so selfish that just fall in love and don't think in the future and the life they will give to a future human they will create.

@Darkwolfix

The concubines can either be chosen by the family head or the elders (?) of the family, if they so choose. Or if they think that the 2nd Wife and her connections might become beneficial to the family's future. The legal wife (First Wife) usually has no say in who is to be married in.

Also, Mistress = unmarried, and thus shameful, while Concubine = married, and somewhat low in status, but not so bad. Interestingly, the First Wife is the only one married into the house via Front Door/Gates with festivities, while it was considered proper for concubines to have a subdued marriage without pomp, and they were entered through the residence's back door. The power imbalance is strong. 😔

All the wealth/support is given to the Family Head (Father, usually) instead of the wives. It's each for her own, except for the husband, who is provided everything. The wives are nearly just living contracts, unless they married for love, which is honestly sad. 😞 Sorry for rambling, tho.

The suspension of disbelief is strong in her mum, and honestly, I just feel both annoyed and sad for her. Sad because she loves her husband so much she can't see his flaws, and annoyed, because it's literally in her face (thrown by her daughter, no less!) that her husband is being unfair and unfaithful.

2 or 3. 2 is optional. Taking out those ants and roaches that dared harm my mother is first priority.

OH WAIT.

If it's not related to this story and we're talking about my real life..
[ol]1. Then studying for real the next life is the priority.

2. And then try hunting for a job harder this time so my mom can live fine. [/ol]

4f9a6e1a6ae3038b67c7711088e87f04f51bf8bae390da6576b9820b9978be48.jpg

Meo

Dex-chan lover
Even though the stepmom and stepsister are quite evil...I almost feel like the father lied to the stepmom, made her a bunch of promises, got her pregnant and never gave her any status. No wonder the step mother feels like she needs to kill the mother so she could finally take over as lady of the house. Need to give that spineless bastard a huge shove.

Double-page supporter
@meo dude she's trying to poach her sister's marriage from the start

being a guy option 3 with some explocation of Yuri would interesting

Dex-chan lover
Forget the people I've already been with and didn't remain with up to this point, those past relationships don't sound like a fun new game+ experience. I do however recall several potential romantic partners I never pursued anything with back then. I suppose taking a stroll down the alternate route(s) would be more interesting than revisiting past experiences if nothing else. Though, perhaps skip the one who waited until we both were with other people to point out she had an interest in me before but never acted on it, that sounds a bit like a troublemaker right there.

Users who are viewing this thread