The Goddess of Healing - Ch. 73 - Saying Yes and Meaning No

What IS it with these webnovel heroines? Why on earth would you respond to an invitation from the Su family? Are you crazy? Bored? Stupid? All three? They're always walking into these really obvious traps.

@Mojo
Yeah, he hasn't done much protecting of anybody so far. And he's plainly told her he can't go against the princess, so there's only so much he can do. He's useless.

And I don't know why they're staying in that city either. I believe it has something do with being close so she can keep curing General Lin's father?

And yeah, 99/100 of these "reincarnated for revenge" stories would end really early if the MC would change cities and hang out with a new crowd. But I've seen at least one where the MC deliberately avoids making changes in order not to mess with his reincarnator advantage, and at least two more where the MC sticks with the same career because she doesn't want to do anything else except that.

Dex-chan lover
We're all Bernie now 🤣

Honestly it was good for the heroine and dumb for the concubine to expose her while she was trying to become to main wife. Now everyone wants to know what's going on in that garbage household.
And he really told the concubine to act like his ex-wife, 😂 what a dick. They deserve each other and I hope he loses his court position because of them.

Before getting upset (lol why is he even upset - is he frustrated because he's trapped into supporting baoyang?), he should help her.

Right now he just ran away and left her to fend for herself.

Dex-chan lover
@Firereader Rather than stupid, I'd say the princess is being cunning here. She's already got confirmation the general and MC are close, so princess'll want to get rid of MC. The stepsister offering her services is a nice bonus; she gets a pawn she can use and discard if things get out of hand. Plus princess is obviously the entitled type who thinks since's she's a royal princess; who can go against me?

ML saying that how could she doubt his ability to protect her.
Of course she can, you just said you could do nothing against the princess.
And he has the gall to walk away angry like that!

@evilpeach He's probably more angry at himself for being powerless before the princess, and he winds up lashing out at JiuQing after seeing her with Ah Li. Still a dick move on his part, though. He should have known something like this would happen and prepared for it; in hindsight, I wonder why he didn't ask JiuQing to become a private doctor for his family instead to keep her out of Bao Yang's sight. Or have her live outside the capital and just let her visit from time to time to check on his father.

Hahaha this story definitely got me sitting over here like Bernie lol xD

Ngl tho Su JiuQing is gonna have a tough time covering her behind cuz thr General can't do squat right now (well except working in the shadows). Also kind of think the General won't put any moves on her until her assistant does uwuuu

And I feel like some people are sort of forgetting the complexities that are human emotions and life:
Below isn't a spoiler, I just wanted to condense my comment on why Su JiuQing can't just "run away" from her problems and addressing some of the character critiques
1) So yes -- the General was upset at his own lack of capabilities to protect Su JiuQing and took it out on her....that happens...a lot in human interactions. Nobody's perfect lol.
2) No matter the time period, it's gonna be extremely hard, complicated, and expensive to uproot your entire life and family so you can just run away from your problems. And it's gonna be even harder to travel without hired security as women (if Su JiuQing just runs away with her mom) ANND to a place that may not economically or physically developed during this time period. Being a refugee hasn't been all fun & games the last time I saw in the news 👀
3) Even if she ran away, during this time, she needs to make a living to provide for family. If she decides to open up another shop, she gonna need start up money, and someone to get supplies, and probably a benefactor so people don't think she's a quack
No character is perfect, but that's why I like this series. It's based on a regular person that's just trying to live life with some extra knowledge and experience. There's a lot of other stuff I would like to say, but thank you for coming to my TedTalk lol xD

Thank you so much for another great chapter!!♡

I love the wintery picture of Su JiuQing at the end, it's so pretty! 😍

I love the wintery picture of Su JiuQing at the end, it's so pretty! 😍

Users who are viewing this thread