The Good Deeds of Old Adventurer Kane

If the guild can tell what is used to kill a monster, what makes these two idiots think that the guild won't be able to tell that he was killed by two modern weapons, poison, and that you guys are proud owners of the only mithral sword around.

Course you'll be dead before the guild can react but, still.

Double-page supporter
Stupid female lead should drop dead right away 🤣 😅
She will really kill him at this rate if not for the comedic element's graceful save

Double-page supporter
This... is really trash. Sigh. Yep, just make the MC unreasonably powerful and force him into a group of strong people where he becomes a Hero, and no choice but to be king. Yada, yada, we’ve seen this cycle many times. And to top it all of, he’s a middle age uncle and they’re young girls.

I admit it’s funny though, but they’re clearly delusional. Where does the confidence come from that MC strong?

Dex-chan lover
Is middle-age the current fantasy novel boom in Japan or something? I keep coming across adaptations for these ones about older men lately. Are these the product of the midlife crisis of various authors or something? I suppose it's a healthier outlet than blowing money on random shit.

Dex-chan lover
Is that cover the LN's? The artstyle doesn't match, unlike the two other covers.

Otherwise, despite complaints about his 'beta' personality, I'm somewhat amused by how. . . older the style seems in general. I'll probably continue for a long while just for the art.

@glomoro

Yeah, honestly I was excited at first since i'm older myself and I relate best to them, but on the other hand, the way they depict them and self-insert, it does the complete opposite.

Holy shit. I can't believe a 30 years old guy is acting like that still. There's a limit in how much of a fanny one can be. At this point, it's pure cringe. Why can't the Japanese set limits? I mean, OK, let's give that guy that trait. That's cool. But they push it to 42 and then some more, like the guy is *the* definition of that trait plus the fetishization of it. One dimensional as fuck. No nuances. Nothing. And somehow we're required to believe everything collateral that happens to them oh so conveniently.

Wortenia Senki is the only god damned Isekai that is worth more than two shits. Actually it's pretty damn great.

All the other ones are either incredibly poor or somehow passable. Shield Hero is another exception, kinda.

>The next day, Kein suddenly got an invitation to join an S rank party, beat down the strongest and the worst monster, miraculously gain lots of money,
😴
>and finally get confessed by a 13 years old saint.
👺

I enjoyed the first three chapters, which were at the time of this post all there was released. It's way better than a lot of other stuff that gets released, even the popular ones.

The story is funny and entertaining, the main characters are likable, and the art is pretty good. There really are almost no truly good people in this world, so this story is very heartwarming for me to read.

Try to be objective and read the story for what it is and not for what it isn't. For what it IS, there are few others that are as satisfying.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah the first three chapters have been really fun. I don't know where it goes, but so far it's 3 OP young girl adventurers messing up a guy's peaceful life. There's been the hints of prostitution and inexplicably bad people who just suddenly show up so that they can die and way too young characters, you know, normal ass LN stuff. I'm not gonna pretend that's not aggravating to see because the core concept of a trio of Main Characters coming along and not knowing how to repay kindness with anything other than causing trouble is a pretty funny one and I'd love to see more of that.

Users who are viewing this thread