The Good Deeds of Old Adventurer Kane

Contributor
Hm what a downgrade from the novel...
__ossan_boukensha_kane_no_zenkou_drawn_by_super_zombie__a6f41a2fcf4409dbf0a7227a866c923d.jpg

Dex-chan lover
I wish this story could hold my interest enough to press follow and expect the next chapter, but it just annoying to see that princess and that sadistic lesbian witch. That saint girl is fine because she's following her divine intuition which is fair enough for her role. Furthermore the misunderstanding that make MC looks good are super annoying here. Kindness is good plot but I think if the story portray him as more mediocre c rank rather than the rock bottom d rank without skill like this, he's an adventurer for 20 year right ? at least has him do something more adventurer like but still not the top tier one. The image here is more like he is just someone who has never actually fight and only keep gathering herbs just to get some easy money, though it shows how kind he is but it is a little too much. It would be better if the MC do both normal hunting and also gathering while at it, this way he would looks mediocre and not someone to looking down. It is just out of place when the scene suddenly show how people love him but showed how many people looked down on him.

Reading through the synopsis makes it seem like the typical middle aged isekai. But why do they insist on having the romantic partners be literal children ;(

(Specifically "and finally get confessed by a 13 years old saint.")

"Found a rare resurrection fruit"
K
"Gave it away"
Typical nice guy protagonist
"Got invited to a super strong party"
Makes sense
"Fam, fortune, etc"
To be expected
"Confessed to by a 13 year old girl"
Romance is common yea- Wait what.

Seriously this like... Just reading this makes me worried Chris Hansen is in the other room.

been following this for a while and while i do like the MC, the girls are annoying and i tried staying long enough to see if it changes but it feels like nothing will. so i’m dropping the series and wish the best of luck to MC

I love this manga. Kane is a truly good person (which most of us will never meet in the real world no matter how long we live) and the comedy of those three S-Rank girls believing the best way to repay his kindness is by way of shenanigans that cause nothing but trouble for him, is golden. Please, continue with your wonderful story, author/artist!

Dex-chan lover
feels like this'll be axed soon so the dial shot up to eleven in a heartbeat

Its a pretty awesome story, very heart warming, and very funny at times. I hope they give it a few more chapters, at least. I guess people need to start recommending it. I really hope it catches on.

Dex-chan lover
Was listening to sultans of swing, so I can pretty much say this one here is a fine read

This escalated quite fast. It feels like it could potentially end with 1 volume unless this battle drags out or another arc follows after some huge plot twist or reveal? Quite an enjoyable read though. Kane has matured quite quickly (or I guess you could say he came to the revelation that he was a better man than he thought himself) which is refreshing to see and the character interactions are enjoyable.

The sword princess does get annoying at times but still tolerable.
BTW the cover clearly shown it's going up to vol.3 at least, and we're still in vol.1 with the crotch tattooed cat girl still nowhere to he seen (unless that's the demon king lol) so there's going to be more after this. maybe they 'll fail to defeat the demon king? wonder where it'll go.

Thanks for translate this manga, I hope you will continue.

@ocdmn The numbers of the vol. are incorrect. Vol. 1 is from chapter 1 to 4 and Volume 2 from chapter 5 to 8.

the raws are at chapter 14 (and at the moment it seems to continue to me ,
but I don't understand jap ...)
so maybe they got to vol 4

Dex-chan lover
Ok so, for new people. Read chapter 1, then skip to chapter 6 page 26. All the stuff in between is just reading two girls being complete and utter morons trying to "help" (HAH!!!!!) the MC get stronger while the third tries to stop them but to no avail. Then it picks up and honestly becomes some of the best storytelling I've read in an Harem action fantasy.

well i like this but,
if chpt 8 is the end of vol 02, then checking with the wn, it would end at chpt 40 with 41 being character intros, personally reading mtl of chpt 40, would have preferred the manga followed it since it makes a better story telling the end that ken gets his wish of owning his own house, built behind the orphanage as a reward since he turned down everything but a medal from the country and after having a party with the orphans and villagers, when everyone leaves for the night he realizes half his dream came true but not having anyone to spend his life with is still sad only for altenia to materialize and tell him she still only has a little power and says hi to him before she has to dissappear and wait for more power
that ending would have been better than finishing at the bar with the goddess showing up like that

Dex-chan lover
@bigstew00
chapter 8 is 37-38 of the WN or near end of Vol 1 of LN, some parts changed in the LN, like the Altena part, dunno why author changed that tho, translation is behind raws, but chapter 9 is chapter 39-40 of WN/end of LN vol. 1 where he get the house and most of the stuff that happen in 39-40, chapter 10 start vol. 2 of LN, volume 3 of the manga, halfway it, raws are up to 16 in the official app, and up to 14 in the raws site

Users who are viewing this thread