The Good Deeds of Old Adventurer Kane

At first I thought it was annoying. Now it's an endearing story that's so good. They should make this an anime!

Double-page supporter
- "hey look an avatar of an evil good, possibly even the evil god itself. Should we do something about her?"
- "yea but she cute tho"
- "fair point"

Wait we figured out this guys OP cheat ability.
It's luck (chapters1-2) his special OP cheat ability? Friendship and a princess who's obsessed with him.(every other chapter)

im on chpter 8 and the witch is so annoyingly lesbian its not even funny.... like damn, fucking chill author you dont have to show me she is a lesbian everyother line she breaths... and the joke is just haha she h0rny but the author doesnt even do thag well, I really dont give a shit about any if the other girls in the 3 way lesbian fuck party either the only kind of interesting and none annoying character is kane and his backstory.... the 3way lesbian fuck party is just annoying...

What a let down:demon king just another second rate villain. Japan should learn from the villainess genre they created and return to the days of more interesting bad guys.

It's decent if you don't have any series left to read but the way conflicts always get resolved is just too much lazy story setup

Since the plot of the entire manga is about Kane being a kind man, his character gets old pretty fast. Is way too kind towards anyone in the series no matter who they are.

- Is facing an incredibly strong enemy as a D-rank adventurer that even a S-rank party can't handle? His kindness with the power of the goddess just takes care of it
- Meets a beastkin who is coincidentally also a general of the demon king and supposedly really strong? His kindness is just so strong that it overturns her hatred for humans she had since her childhood in a few minutes.

If anyone is in big trouble there's always miraculously a way for them to get out. It's not like other series might handle it by having the MC/character in question setting something up in case something happens.

- Beastkin who now serves him, dramatically dies in battle protecting the MC? Her soul was just taken away temporally so of course she is fine shortly after.
- Demon King's generals sets up a trap to lure the OP knights away who are the only ones who can defeat him and is basically the end for our heros? They just ignore it, play right in his hands and nothing bad happens to them.
- Demon King is way too strong for the remaining characters to handle since the knights got lured away? The knights miraculously teleport to them even though they themselves said teleporting isnt possible.

Everything just gets resolved through luck, kindness or miracles as if its a nighttime story for children.
If the characters had to rely on their own skills and strategies etc. the Demon King would have won a couple chapters in already and they'd be all dead

I very much dislike plots like this, where misunderstandings are the number one driving force in the plot. It just further cements the irritation I have of people that never listen to reason or try to understand each other.

this is 1 step away from becoming a generic over-milked harem story and i don’t know how to feel about this

Most OP MC manga usually play on the fact that the MC is OP and make it a self-insert to generate some sort of power fantasy to the reader. This one, however, albeit having a similar core, is very different and unique compared to what I've read before. This manga's objective isn't to make you feel cool, but to make you get feels by portraying some scenarios. In this aspect, it's a masterpiece. Every time I've read this and re-read this (at least twice now) it made me tear up more than once because of how wholesome and perfect it can be at times and there has been no manga that made me react this way.
Sure, there's a Harem theme, but
it's not even that pronounced and
it all works together towards achieving the main goal by taking off some weight that, if left there, would make the stronger feels disappear.

Dex-chan lover
all of a sudden after i finished reading the latest chapter of of the chapters disappeared from the chapter select page

This manga is~
tenor.gif

10/10

Users who are viewing this thread