The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy at All - Ch. 89 - Senpais With a Huge Gap

Dex-chan lover
...I am OK with this new character and her...crush? :glee:
Those are some earrings on Aya. Considering the usual truth within cliché of Japanese school dress regulations, how in hell are those allowed?
That was exactly my reaction too when I first laid eyes on them. Those look chonky enough to take someone's head off if they, say, get in a girl love's way :chad:

Dex-chan lover
The Rizzgic is strong with this one.

Even looking like a bum she exudes rizz XDDDDD.

Aggregator gang
Gap for what? Between who? I'm lost. What is the original wording?
"Gap" or "Gap Moe" Is finding appeal in contrasts within the same person, here the example is the significant contrast between Koga's wallflower school presentation and scene musician presentation in the viral video. Other common examples include; a big strong warrior type with a few soft feminine hobbies and enjoyment of cute things, or a small cute girl who can out-drink and out-eat the average sumo wrestler, but having two very different presentations is also pretty common.

Aggregator gang
Aya Oosawa is fed up with your shit, and she's going to kill you.

Dex-chan lover
Those are some earrings on Aya. Considering the usual truth within cliché of Japanese school dress regulations, how in hell are those allowed?
I’m pretty sure it was mentioned early on even Koga could wear black nail polish since the school isn’t a strict one. She just prefers not to be noticed so she wipes it off. So school uniforms are required but apparently stuff like earrings, nail polish, hair color etc no big deal. The school not being strict has been that way from the early chapters.

Dex-chan lover
I was like “oh come on do we really gotta do the rival thing here?” but then Aya immediately shut that shit down on the spot lmao. I love this series, thanks for the TL.

Double-page supporter
I know she plays and learns music “for herself” as she put it, but what did she expect would happen when people started to enjoy her music? A month to recuperate from getting likes?

Maybe being a performance artist is the wrong career path it this is the reaction to praise and popularity. She will be so fucked when actual criticism is thrown her way.
she’s also literally a teenager so maybe she’ll grow into it as part of character development 🤷‍♀️

Dex-chan lover
... And I do love the theme of the dichotomy in people's personality and styles depending where they're at and/or who they're with.
That’s a real thing, especially for zoomers.
im as senior millennial and while that’s indeed something that is real for all people, for zoomers it’s more intense.
People who grew up in the age of the “finsta“, multiple social media platforms and the fine-grained social divisions of Discord?
It’s been outright encouraged!
We grew up encouraged to ”keep it real”. Always be your “genuine self” in any situation, at least as much as possible.

🤷‍♀️

Generational divisions exist. I’m over here “…Yeesh” and I’m gonna guess the reverse is true. That’s how it works!

Our parents were encouraged to be all the same. I’m over here like “yeesh!” 😜

My point is I agree, but the “oh, kids… bemused smile” is legit.

Users who are viewing this thread