The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy at All - Ch. 96 - State of Emergency

Dex-chan lover
You know, all those "bullying works", "this asshole gave her more progress than Aya", etc. bs.
Considering the fact that she didnt contact Aya even once that week she wasnt at School and then comes back like that and gives a new song to the bully cunt, I would say the bully gave her more progress than Aya tho. Sure she was scared or something from what we could see last page, but still doesnt change the fact that it was the bully that gave her the push and not Aya

Dex-chan lover
Considering the fact that she didnt contact Aya even once that week she wasnt at School and then comes back like that and gives a new song to the bully cunt, I would say the bully gave her more progress than Aya tho. Sure she was scared or something from what we could see last page, but still doesnt change the fact that it was the bully that gave her the push and not Aya
Re-read ch 94.

Double-page supporter
Her biggest fear was that if she was seen as weird she'd be ostracized, while it was likely shocking and not something she wanted she took the time to compose herself and likely came to the realisation of well cats out of the bag and I have people who are genuinely my friends who know the side of me I was hiding and won't ditch me because of it.

If she didn't have friends who knew her other side she would have likely not come back.

Dex-chan lover
WHO IS SCREAMING? ME!
WHY AM I SCREAMING? BECAUSE OF GREEN YURI MANGA!

AWOOOOOOOOOO I LOVE THEM SO MUCHHHH

Thank you so much for the translation! I will continue to scream both internally and real ones because of them :finnawoke:
:glee:

Dex-chan lover
What's going on with the pacing all of a sudden?

Why are they skipping stuff so much?
It is more of a format problem rather than pacing. You can't really tell a proper story on 3-4 pages a week format. Hijinks of the week? Sure. Over arcing narrative? Not so much. This is 96th chapter but in real manga terms its like ch 20ish. with a wasted 76 weeks in between.

Dex-chan lover
I was expecting Aya to think she has to do something about Koga before someone snatches her onii-san away.

I DID NOT EXPECT KOGA TO BE ON THE OFFENSE HERE...

I almost got a heart attack right there on the last page...

Dex-chan lover
It is more of a format problem rather than pacing. You can't really tell a proper story on 3-4 pages a week format. Hijinks of the week? Sure. Over arcing narrative? Not so much. This is 96th chapter but in real manga terms its like ch 20ish. with a wasted 76 weeks in between.
Kinda disagree there. Another author, Nobel, wrote a mostly 1 page chapter manga and can tell a good story with a good pacing, so I don't think the number of pages is the issue.
The jump was from the fact that Koga switches personality without anything leading to it. It was a 1-week time skip and Koga return from the shattered state to a full-confidence rizzler without much of an explanation. To be fair, we might have a few more explanation chapters after this, and that should resolve the issue; but right now, I think it's only fair we feel the whiplash from the pacing.

Dex-chan lover
Kinda disagree there. Another author, Nobel, wrote a mostly 1 page chapter manga and can tell a good story with a good pacing, so I don't think the number of pages is the issue.
The jump was from the fact that Koga switches personality without anything leading to it. It was a 1-week time skip and Koga return from the shattered state to a full-confidence rizzler without much of an explanation. To be fair, we might have a few more explanation chapters after this, and that should resolve the issue; but right now, I think it's only fair we feel the whiplash from the pacing.
Sure but you can't spare enough space for introspection with this setting so we have been jumping around like this most of the time. First part of the series mostly didn't have this issue because it was a classic "highschooler in love" premise. You can even do a 1 pager with that. But when you start getting in to the hows and whys, now you simple don't have enough space for it while also moving the plot along. So whiplashes like these are inevitable if you wanna get anywhere. Now, she is out of her breakdown alone in 1 week. Next she will probably explain what happened during that time but not very detailed because we have the song, the love and the future plots going on still. It is a pretty shallow storytelling as a resault because it needs to be.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread