The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy at All - Vol. 2 Ch. 50 - Past and Present Intersect

Dex-chan lover
There's a good chance her uncle is just the after-school hangout, and she spends every dinner/night with her folks. If there's nothing interesting there we won't see them until later though.
If that was the case he wouldn’t have given up on going to the US with his gf when the relationship was going smoothly.
He had to stay precisely because there wasn’t anyone else to raise Mitsuki (a.k.a her parents are gone). You can love your nieces, nephews, younger siblings and etc a whole lot, but you don’t drop the chance to live your own life if it’s not something absolutely necessary — you could always visit them and when this isn’t possible, just keep in touch online (it all happened in 2013, so it was an option).

Dex-chan lover
He had to stay precisely because there wasn’t anyone else to raise Mitsuki (a.k.a her parents are gone)
Chapter 8 heavily implies she does in fact live with her parents and does not live with Uncle Joe.

Because otherwise she lives alone which wouldn't make sense when Joe would obviously let her live with him.

Aggregator gang
Chapter 8 heavily implies she does in fact live with her parents and does not live with Uncle Joe.

Because otherwise she lives alone which wouldn't make sense when Joe would obviously let her live with him.
Are you referring to the line "I'm home...not like anyone cares..."?
Because that line isn't referring to neglection at home. The original line「ただいま〜…っと」has no such implication. It's just her saying "I'm home" with an added sentence-ending particle indicating that shes having a monologue.

Dex-chan lover
Are you referring to the line "I'm home...not like anyone cares..."?
Because that line isn't refering to neglection at home. The original line「ただいま〜…っと」has no such implication. It's just her saying "I'm home" with an added sentence-ending particle indicating that shes having a monologue.
So the likely explanation is that she said "I'm home" to an empty place because Joe was still at work.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, the first page of chapter 8 when she comes home she makes it seem like no one cares if she is there or not(though could be normal teenage "no one cares" thoughts), which wouldnt make sense if its Joe's since she knows he cares.

So she does at least live with her parents.
But didn't Joe "try his hardest to not listen in" when Aya broke into her house in chapter 38? So I thought she lives with him?

Dex-chan lover
At this point... he is only uncle in name, he is completely her father.

I thought that her parents were dead, but if what some people said here tracks, her parents are alive but don't seem present, which by itself is bad enough but I hope it doesn't go beyond that.

But even then... by all the flashbacks we had... Joe raised her, all the scenes show him being present but no one else there.

All things considered, Kanna seems to not want to sour things with our sweet brats, that by itself shows that she is doing that because she is thinking of Mitsukiis future... but she did leave that pinless grenade with Joe XD.

Users who are viewing this thread