The Hero Who Returned Remains the Strongest in the Modern World - Vol. 1 Ch. 3.1

Double-page supporter
I get (and agree with) people calling the girl dumb.
I don't get why they'd call the MC dumb, tho.
As far as I'm aware he hasn't hinted even once to be aware of her being anything but a normal girl. He doesn't know she can use 'magic' or whatever it is she uses. He doesn't know that she knows about his abilities to some extend.
From his point of view he's just trying to make sense of a 'normal girls' actions and trying not to mess up 'normal' conversation.

The only point I'd agree on calling the MC dumb is when he received 2 curses along the 2 mails from the girl and not realizing they are connected. However, him being that powerful but not aware that sending curses via mail is possible it's not too far-fetched for him to believe it was a simple coincidence. Especially when he's still in the mindset of being the only one with special powers.

@madnacc I call the MC dumb cause he disregards his auto curse skill activating, also he noticed how senpai didn't even have time to read his text before responding, also not noticing how WEIRD this girl is.

If you think with the mind of an average high schooler, she would be called a weirdo for approaching someone and then jumping back after putting your foreheads together. THIS IS THE 2nd TIME she's done this to him, got close and then jumped back

This is actually hilarious. The MC doesn't even think there is any supernatural going on the original world, while the girl just overthink his intention.

Double-page supporter
@boogle
If not distancing yourself from someone that could be considered weird makes you dumb than I have no problem with being called dumb myself. Weird people can be super funny and/or interesting to be around.

Regarding the mind of an average high schooler: Keep in mind that MC has just recently returned from several years in another world (where societal mannerism might be different) and before that he was a bully target that, going by japanese high school manga history, we can assume has not had much, if any, contact with girls. Arguing that he's 'different' in an accepting/tolerant kinda way could fit but being dumb is not quite how I'd describe it.

Dex-chan lover
...what surprises me is how his mentality doesn't seem to have been affected in any large measure by the time he spent fighting in the other world. He was, for all intents and purposes, a child soldier exposed to the gore of war, yet he is still prone to jumping to conclusions- something that would get you killed really fast in actual combat.

Users who are viewing this thread