The Hero Who Returned Remains the Strongest in the Modern World - Vol. 1 Ch. 3.5

Dex-chan lover
NazrinMaus wait what? is "i fucked my house in another world" really a manga or is that just a nickname the fans have?

Finally our Mc is not so 'dense' anymore and realize the hurtful reality that his earth has become fantasy xD

Double-page supporter
FINALLY REALIZE YOU DENSE MC

tenor.gif

Double-page supporter
well, since MC is OP ...
I wonder if he can easily kill that Earth Spider ...
and cause misunderstanding to OTHER ...

finally, the misunderstanding is fixed. can't wait for the mc one shotting the spider.

Double-page supporter
Another consequence of the segmented chapters is that sometimes the translation gets butchered.
On page 1, it isn't "I have no friends", it's supposed to be "she has no friends".
Last chapter they were talking about the twintails girl, so these first sentences (which have no subject in Japanese), are refering to her.
It doesn't even make sense the way it's translated right now.

Aggregator gang
yup. another side effect is people that want the full chapter have to wait longer than everyone else for confirmation that the chapter finally finished, with a segment from the the next chapter

I was hoping the misunderstanding would keep going, since that would probably be a more interesting read than whatever training/battle manga this is about to become

Dex-chan lover
@AkiTooru Actually, the start of 3.5 reuses the same lines from mid- 3.3. The author/artist just didn't write it that well and didn't bother to connect the part to the previous one

Double-page supporter
@zStella the same lines have different meanings in different contexts. Doubly so in japanese.
I'm 99% sure the sentence has no subject in the raw (I haven't been able to check it yet), therefore in chapter 3.3 she's saying "(I) have no friends", while in this chapter she's saying "(she) has no friends"
(It's the same line because it's the pot calling the kettle black)

edit: I couldn't find raws for the manga, but I found the rough equivalent on the webnovel. On the end of chapter 12, we get these lines:
「ふむ……単刀直入に言うと、私は彼女の秘密を知っているわ」
「秘密?」

「レーラ=サカグチ……実は彼女――」「――友達がいないのよ」

the first two lines are the equivalend to the two speech bubbles at the end of chapter 3.4
the next line is cut by description on the wn, while in the manga I think the first part is actually still in chapter 3.4, while the second part is the first line of chapter 3.5
In isolation, 友達がいないのよ can mean either "I have no friends" or "(the subject) has no friends".
While, in isolation, the former meaning would be the most correct, here it's clearly the latter

Dex-chan lover
Honestly can't fault the MC for thinking what he thought. That girl's chuunibyou aura was way too high.

Dex-chan lover
Wait, he realized they're not just chunnis? I never expected the MC to ever not be stupid as shit

Fed-Kun's army
ABOUT TIME YOU MORON

But I don't trust this. I bet he would misunderstand another shit in the future

Dex-chan lover
I had expected it to take at least ten more chapters before he'd start understanding stuff. Color me surprised.

Reality is finally going to set-in? Great. The premise of coming back from a different world and figuring out that people on Earth have powers is actually interesting. The manga so far was delaying the figuring out part (it's 3 chapters so maybe I should give it a break), so I'm glad to see it's moved on.

Dex-chan lover
@coolbond it's manga adapted from novel
https://mangadex.org/title/27467/ore-no-ie-ga-maryoku-spot-datta-ken-sundeiru-dake-de-sekai-saikyou

Double-page supporter
I had expected this manga to be full of misunderstanding till the very last chapter. I'm glad he gets to figure it out it's real.🤩

Users who are viewing this thread