The Heroic Legend of Arslan - Ch. 91 - The One And Only Shah of Pars

Lately, every time I end a chapter of AS I end up so irritated because of Andragoras, fuck him, seriously... To separate some of his most faithful men just to test him/kill him?... I just hope they can find a way to go back to Arslan....

Anyway, I believe I said this multiple times already, but thank you so much for keeping translating this wonderful manga :)

Fed-Kun's army
didn't Narsus originally go into self-exile because he couldn't stand Andragoras?

I guess this time round he needs to actually stay on now to prevent Arslan's influence from completely diminishing though, rip.

Well I am looking forward to Arslan growing even more and overcoming the odds without Narsus and Daryun 😎

Surprised the troops are acting like such. Yes, the king has his track record, but as far as anybody is concerned a resounding loser who lost his country has just escaped imprisonment and they got rid of a resounding winner in terms of military might. How odd.

Dex-chan lover
King Andragolas, if you want to extort your "son" that much, why did you let him keep his armor, clothes and shoes ?

Banned
I like this development actually. Part of Arslan success is largely attributed to the subordinates that loyal to him, of course his charisma play a part as well but now Arslan is forced to prove himself what he could do when he is alone with no one he is familiar with.

Fed-Kun's army
@Starbuck if that is true then we (And Sham) are being deceived, as he is at this time very angry at his brother and father believing in them and he says himself that he never understood why they did believe.

@dkuro so the bandits can see he is a good target to assault from a mile away.

@Irfanzud02 please no more spoilers, please.

@Ruggit
The thing is that he escaped all on his own, ignoring the guards that were watching over him in order to prevent him from breaking out of prison. Sure, most Lusitanian soldiers are a bunch of idiots, but they're led by someone who isn't stupid enough to let him have his way... and yet, that's what they did. They let him free for the exact same reason he managed to kick his son out of Pars without anyone lifting a finger despite how poorly he lost his previous battle : He. Is. INTIMIDATING. You don't want to mess with someone who broke out of prison when he could have been killed anytime, and without anyone helping him in his escape.
Sure, he was ambushed by his pursuers at one point, but he had an hostage and let go of him, which led to most of the Lusitanian soldiers who were after him to tend to said hostage (who was their "king"), and the few who kept on chasing him were easily slaughtered.

Plus, there's that one panel in page 16 where it looks like Andragoras is wearing a crown shaped like the sun: Once again, you don't want to mess with that kind of guy, even if he's dead wrong.

As for his humiliating defeat, it might not have happened if he hadn't been betrayed.

this is royalty pissing me off back to square one and this bastard back on the throne,
thanks for the translation

Dad fucking sucks. So does his mom.
But also thanks to the asshole, Arslan gets separated from his allies and has to build a new. It'll be an interesting journey to see him try to build an army all by himself!

Users who are viewing this thread