The Holy Grail of Eris

@scarlet_summer Probably because there's a possibility of them being together romantically later in endgame, which I personally wouldn't have a problem with if they actually have chemistry.

Fed-Kun's army
I am loving this story. I do hope that Scarlet is brought back to life somehow. Such as our MC's firstborn just being the reincarnation of her. That'd be one hell of a twist and another story for itself. I just love the comedy that would arise from that. Someone like Scarlet being a baby and being raised by the poor MC. It'd be even funnier if any of the girls that pass away in this story are reborn as the MC's kid. The MC can never have a peaceful life from now on.

Double-page supporter
The idea of an Average Jane taking on a quest to clear a notorious criminal's name really fascinates me. There's something heroic about it.

Double-page supporter
Awww

MWM is closing. Thanks for everything!

Hopefully someone can pick up this series

Double-page supporter
The group that was translating this disbanded so no new chapters until someone picks it up. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I love how all the characters are written in this story. Especially the female antagonists. In villainess and villainess-adjacent stories like these, the female antagonists tend to be flat characters. They tend to be very stupid and their only motivations are to sabotage the protagonist. All the female antagonists who have appeared so far seemed to have an actual personality instead of being a caricature and while they may hinder the protagonist, Connie, it's not their one and only goal. I'm super happy about this because I like a god female antagonist and it's hard to those in villainess and villainess-adjacent stories.

Dex-chan lover
Scarlet kind of carries this. Constance is a terrible MC, Characters get introduced and stop being relevant as quickly as they appear. Story's pretty complex, but it's easy to lose track of every plotpoint as there's a whole lot going on at once, even if there's some foreshadowing at first.

Last edited:
These sorts of story archetypes almost make me peeved about how easily and readily they execute someone / the villainess, over stupid or incomplete reasons, but then it's never part of the story again. If it's that easy to get people executed it'd be more common throughout the story. (Edit: Chapter 34 justifies this much. still a common problem for most these types of stories) Let alone beautiful young women, furthermore the last of an important bloodline and currently part of a powerful house... Yet no consequences seem to have ever stemmed from that and the house barely seems to care and has done nothing for 10 years?

If I were scarlets mother (Her dad should still be around right? And this brother?) I'd have burned the capitol down and melted its crowns by now or died trying.

I am loving this story. I do hope that Scarlet is brought back to life somehow. Such as our MC's firstborn just being the reincarnation of her. That'd be one hell of a twist and another story for itself. I just love the comedy that would arise from that. Someone like Scarlet being a baby and being raised by the poor MC. It'd be even funnier if any of the girls that pass away in this story are reborn as the MC's kid. The MC can never have a peaceful life from now on.
I'm not completely caught up yet so maybe it's already not a possibility, but this "Holy Grail of Eris" sounds like it could be an ideal plot device to have it resurrect Scarlet once it's found or used.

But her sometimes possessing Constance is a great through link itself to justify that she could be a Reincarnator as Constances first born daughter, memories and all. Imagine a Little Scarlet being the protagonist of her own series.
Though, with such a mundane setting with so far next to nonexistant magic, I don't know how long the setting can hold people's attention. A setting like this largely only gets by with drama and intrigue. So they'd need a whole new conspiracy to justify a second series.

What could be done, is that at the end of this plot, Scarlet fades and everyone's sad... but, with post credits we can see her open eyes as a baby in a new world. The new world being suggested because one of the first things she might see would be a witch with a witch's hat as her mother or the midwife / doctor present for the birth, and then a shot seeing out a window to see a landscape shot that shows more fantastical scenery and something like a dragon flying in the sky.

It's a very rich plot element where instead of Isekai stories being generic nobodies from Earth, they could be characters that died in other series (even if they have to be vague about it to skirt ownership debates).

Scarlet kind of carries this. Constance is a terrible MC,
Scarlet carries, but Constance is a perfectly nice MC. She has a lot of agency of her own even through her limited ability and the powerful personalities around her and she has clear character boundaries that are respected and evolved upon.

Edit: Now I'm caught up (38).
Enrique is a fucking disgrace. Miserable spineless bastard got both the women he grew up with in his life murdered because of his cowardice as well as his direct actions and continues to let Cecilia walk over him to this day.

Last edited:
Contributor
Bought this one as soon as it was released here.

A great story, i love the mystery part.

Dex-chan lover
Hope someone picks this up, since the TL just announced in another manga that they're quitting TL'ing.

Dex-chan lover
Was thinking about this today, hope someone picks it up. Just found out its the same artist as the umineko episode 6 manga which had fantastic art (not that i would recommend reading it over the vn however)

Just finished binge-reading this series. How is it not more popular?! This is A Song of Ice and Fire if it was an otome manga. It's fantastic. God above, I can't wait for more. I'd buy every volume I could find if the translations here weren't so much farther ahead.

Thank you, translators. And thank you to that one YouTube video I offhandedly watched for recommending this series to me.

Users who are viewing this thread