The Holy Grail of Eris

Group Leader
@Lepper
@kawaii123456
The web novel is fully completed, the author just periodically releases extra chapters that cover events after the epilogue when they please. The light novel is still ongoing and currently has two volumes out, though the story is more or less identical to the WN.

I wish this wasn’t updated only once a month 😭🤩. Anyways, THANKS FOR TRANSLATING THIS, I FOUND GOLD!! 🤩🤩🥳

Group Leader
@demiseofmomo
No, you'll have to either MTL or wait for a translation. Judging by the state of WN translations nowadays your best bet is probably to suggest the LN to a publisher.

This is a class apart from the is usual stories. The art, the build up, the characters, the dialogue, the plot, the transitions, every single chapter is full of twists. I love this. This is a masterpiece.

This elevated the whole subgenre of noble villanous ladies, in all the ways! Very satisfying read :)

A) the villainess doesn't reincarnate/do over/transmigrated, instead she is a ghost, trying to solve her own murder. She's not repentant, hasn't learned her lesson etc. She is simply straight up flawed character, but as pointed out, what she did was pretty crap that definitely didn't amount to a beheading.

B) the story is from the POV of this innocent girl 10 years later.

C) the world has a backstory that isn't just a boring canvas. It's rich and we are given glimpses of it without just infodumps. It sort of even has a bit of the GOT feel going on with all of Scarlet's "friends" introduced in the manga! You know it feels like we are seeing the characters post 10 year epilogue of the actual 'otome game' events, and the facade of each character hid these really decadent and interesting characters.

D) the mystery component here is fun. It's got intrigue, conspiracy, and seems to be the best mix of detective sleuthing and such. The Villainous ghost and innocent girl are kind of like a detective cop duo team lol.

E) So many strong, and/or female characters! Moral ambiguity! I mean, just her 'best friend's that was a degenerate apparently. She put on all these airs of piety supposedly, and we are told it was all fake... But in the end, she did warn the orphans right before she died. So she had at least some affection for them.

I'm actually a bit bummed that the widower seems to be getting set up to be the Male romantic lead, and it would be an awesome subversion if it ended up not being the case, and instead they partner up to unravel the conspiracy but DON'T try ending up together. I k ow that's a step too far for manga lol, but this is an awesome premise, and I really want to read the WN/LN someday if it is half as good.

Will there be a holy grail war? I bet Scarlet Castiel is an avenger.

Kidding.

This manga should get an anime adaptation. 10/10 would recommend.

I love this.
The fact that there's no crazy isekai/reincarnated premise actually makes this stand out these days. Just your classic old haunting by a vengeful ghost.

Also the main character is a nice person, but (more so in recent chapters) not in a naive way. She's woke. Yay for moral ambiguity and nobody being perfectly evil/good!

don't really get the praise this manga is getting, its such a tame manga, decent at best so far.

Dex-chan lover
that poison sounds like nasty stuff. i hope he recovers from it, i'd hate for a perfectly decent person's life to be ruined by his wife's infidelity and some asshole's scheme.

I hope that it stays roughly as dark as it is, maybe dipping a little darker in some parts. Mostly cuz I just don't like stuff that us overbearingly grim dark, it's so off putting.

This is the best title in this genre, hands down. The conspiracies, pacing, and characters are all sooooo good.

The Holy Grail of Eris is one of the best manga I've ever read. Although there's only 10 chapters right now, I can easily say that it's brilliant. The plot is interesting and enticing, well-paced, the art meticulous, clear and beautiful while the characters are dynamic and complex. Instead of following the generic standards of a typical 'villainous story', it has tore down each and every cliche of the genre and transformed it into something completely unique. There's just so much more to the story; the underlying darkness of the social gatherings and high society, the secrets and conspiracies of the dealers in the peculiar drug, Paradise, that remain concealed from the general public and the swirling mysteries surrounding the most reviled villainess Scarlet Castiel and her death.
There is just so much potential that this story holds. I look forward to what comes next and how our main character will continue to grow and develop.
Thank you so much, "Mistakes Were Made" for translating this!

Contributor
I know the WN hasn't been fully translated in to English yet (a long wait for that), but for anyone who has actually read it, can you spoil me this?
Does Constance
manage to pay off her family's debts?

The story seems ok, but a few chapters in, I can't continue to read because the art is too disgusting to look at. The female characters don't look sexy to my eyes, they look overly objectified. I tried to ignore it but ughhhhh seriously my eyes r bleeding with this shitty drawing style. Dear artist, have you ever, even looked at a clothed woman, irl? You don't see full boobs, navels, etc shapes so clearly through normal fabric :D Like what the hec

Users who are viewing this thread