The Horizon - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - The Strange Man: Part 4

Fed-Kun's army
Can't say I'm surprised. There are few situations where a grown man following around a bunch of kids ends well, even without the whole post-apocalypse thing

Well, glad they got away from the strange man, but I'm worried about what will happen from here on.

Wow at some point I felt sorry for the strange man... I’m glad they got away!!

See, that was exactly the shit I was seriously hoping they wouldn't jump to when they handled the old man. I knew it from the very beginning they were going to go there since it's one of the most obvious ways to evoke a reaction from the reader, but it's basically the go-to panic button in every "dark" series so all I can do is lament they couldn't think of anything else.

Pretty much have the new guys figured out too, I'm sure.
Well it's just realistic, it's inevitable imo. The man was built up to behave like that, even people agreed the boy shouldn't let him go with them in earlier chapters.

Yess tho sad, the man's behavior is totally normal and expected once you got your basic needs fulfilled.

Things will get more difficult once we have more sufficient, ideologically-driven men, so the two principles stand: understand the goal of others (and the world, physically and philosophically) then accomodate as muuuch as possible. At the same time, improve whatever skill you are inclined to (genetically or motivation-based) that will allow more resource abundance.

If we value unharm, non-hatred, and unloneliness, then anything else than these two is distraction.

Users who are viewing this thread