The Horizon - Vol. 2 Ch. 12 - The Girl: Part 2

Dex-chan lover
Fuck man... This was really heavy even for this story's standards.

It's interesting but sobering to see how their numbers were whittled down without even any sort of aggressor like I imagined.

Pain. Just pure, raw pain.

HKICMQS.png

The part where he says that he believed there was a meaning to life before, but not anymore, is really interesting. When we live in a normal world with a comfortable life with a job, home, friends and family, it's easy to believe that life has a meaning since we're able to constantly experience new happy memories. But when Earth has basically become a hell, you can't really believe that anymore.

I was tearing up when the guy started talking about his life before everything went to shit, just goes to show how much we take for granted

Dex-chan lover
page 32 “is all of that gone now?” hit me hard. it’s comfortable to read this story as apocalyptic fiction, until you realize the spiral he’s describing—your normal life torn from you, never to return—happens to real people all over the world in war-torn countries. it’s scary to think that where you’re born matters so much.

Such a powerful chapter. In face of cruel war, people can still strive and live through the suffering it brings. But in face of the possible meaninglessness of life, that can feel utterly unbearable.

Users who are viewing this thread