The Horizon - Vol. 2 Ch. 13 - The Girl: Part 3

This is heartbreaking 😢 I'm scared for when the baby gets it....

@Akikako Baby formula? The whole people leaving the bus premise is kinda stupid at this point though. Just do the COVID mantra: use makeshift masks and social distance from each other. The bus is big enough for that.

Dex-chan lover
@NotSenpai yeah, that should be the case but I don't see any feeding bottle, plus the mother that leave the baby is unrealistic because the father wasn't sick...

@Akikako they've been raiding supplies along the way so I guess we're to assume they managed to grab some boxes of baby formula (and this wouldn't be one of the things people would grab first so more likely they could find it). The mom could have also breast fed along the way to make sure they didn't use the formula until it was needed.

Also I think it is realistic that they would leave the baby behind. The mother felt she had to as her presence would put others at risk especially her baby since his/her immune system isn't fully developed. As painful as the separation would be, as a mother she would prioritize her baby's survival over her own feelings. Now it's true the father could have stayed behind with the baby but I think he couldn't bear to part with the mother. While I'm sure he loves his child, this is the woman he's loved for years and while the others will look after his kid, she'd be left all on her own.

@NotSenpai why are you applying COVID tactics to a fictional disease that we don’t know the nature of. The disease was said to have only a 0.01% survival rate without any medical aid, you can’t take risks with something that is basically a death sentence if you get it. The fact that it makes you cough constantly also makes it an easy spreader. And lastly a makeshift mask wouldn’t even help you against COVID let alone whatever this is, to significantly lower inhalation you need a high grade mask like n95 not a random piece of cloth.

Dex-chan lover
Wouldn't the baby contract the disease from the constant care it received from the mother? If so, would it not become a carrier for the disease and upon giving it to the others to care for increase the chance that they contract it as well?

Users who are viewing this thread