The Horizon - Vol. 3 Ch. 21

I really didn't expect the Christian allusions there at the end. Really. Really. Good. I will now recommend this to everyone within a 60 miles radius

oh my god look on page 7 look at his feet and leg at the top is that supposed to be the scar from like 15 chapters ago when they got kidnapped???

kis

Wonderful.
Make you appreciate life, even in this condition.

Man that time skip was stupid
He just spend like 50 years alone in a beach house? Ok then
Also good that the girl was killed off so he could have the same arc again with the granddaughter
Guess we needed some more shockfactor
The other girl killing herself made me laugh out loud that shit was just too edgy even for this manga

Weak ending to a great story
Why is that timeskip stupid? Why would you show the story of him growing up and getting the cottage after that? Is it eventful and needed to the story? There's a reason why he isolated himself in the first place, you can clearly see it with his trust issues. Why wouldn't you time skip to when he is older and wiser, and is more in control than his past self?
Do you understand why the story killed the girl? And why the other girl shot herself? Why would you write it off as "edgy"?

Dex-chan lover
Is that jesus christ ? But yeah great manhwa but I'm so sad the girl died

Dex-chan lover
I don't know what prompted me to read this again after the first time I read it so many years back. I literally can't stop crying. Again.

I did not except that ending to be honest, well glad Christ saved him

pretty cool how the story was told without many words, but it still made it kinda hard to comprehend since there's a lot going on, nevertheless a great job at it

Double-page supporter
As Benjamin "Hawkeye" Pierce once said; War is war and hell is hell, and of the two war is a hell of a lot worse.

Dex-chan lover
Man this would have been a masterpiece but the "girl dies anyway and we just abruptly skip 50 years" was such a cliché in an otherwise excellent story that it brought it down from a 10/10 to a 8.5/10.

While I understand the point the author was trying to make (the kids would not have died if the boy did not ask the Man in the Suit to train him in a tool used to kill other humans)...it was just a pure "OH COME OOOON" moment for me. The death flags were way too obvious in the previous chapter. I seriously think he could have made the exact same point without killing off the girl. Also, the massive timeskip just raises more questions than answers.

Nevertheless, an overall very solid story with some absolutely stellar paneling and art.

Dex-chan lover
I’m so relieved the story ended like that. I was worried it would have an epilogue after his death, but it stayed true to his life the whole way through.

The symbols life/death, road/dead-end, day/horizon, etc…. and this meta story and its conclusion all demonstrate the essence of the end. The story highlights the nuanced and conflicting responses to mortality and loss.

Users who are viewing this thread