100 Ghost Stories That Will Lead to My Own Death - Vol. 8 Ch. 76 - The Sanzu River

Dex-chan lover
This chapter's like Yuuma's trying to tell a story with an upbeat ending since Hina's there to hear it, but the best he can muster is "And then the abused boy resolved to kill his abusive parent. The end. Smiley emoji."

Meanwhile, Kido's getting the real moral of the story: if you make something look effortless people will start having some totally unrealistic expectations of what they can ask of you.

Dex-chan lover
It's either Kido transfer all the curse to himself, or transfer it to the boy.
That would honestly be a smart plan especially since it looks like "we?" Or who ever "we" are to him is always trying to protect him so it would probably try to get rid of the curse when Kido tried that

Dex-chan lover
imma be honest I have an inkling of an understanding but basically idk what tf is going on

Dex-chan lover
imma be honest I have an inkling of an understanding but basically idk what tf is going on
Main story? Not sure
The story the kid's telling? Well, The Sanzu River is very similar to the Greek's River Styx..translated it's called the River of Three Crossings because it leads to one of 3 crossing point, a bridge, a ford and deep, snake-infested waters and the weight of one's offense determine the person's fate..

Dex-chan lover
If granny died 8 years ago why is she still lingering there? And the off-hand remark she casually made about Takumi already being quite strong implies that she was already planning on getting him to kill the dad at that point. It's a very dark story, like all of Yuuma's always end up being.

Also Kido transferring the Umakin virus to himself has a lot of connotations, would be very interesting to see how everything plays out next.

If it's the side story,
The guy is implied to be in a comatose. He got whacked in the head as a kid so he is in the land of the dead where he met his grandma and then came back from the coma to avenge his grandma when he is an adult (that's why he suddenly turned into an adult, he was in a coma as a child until he grows up). There are myths and legends about people who went comatose and how their aoul temporarily goes to after life

Dex-chan lover
lol the beginning was kinda funny.

"I thought you were gonna help me yuuma."

"bitch imma tell a ghost story"

Anyway, that was a story of pure hope. I don't necessarily think the kid will kill the father, but probably beat the living shit out of him - because I feel like the granny would want the guy to live free without the stigma of murder. The kid definitely looks strong enough to do it. Those type of people can't take being hit back harder.

Dex-chan lover
i binged until like a few chapters back but at some point it was mentioned that the curse on the girl is gone but then a few chapters now it came back, i wonder if it's for the sake of pushing the plot by making MC desperate

Dex-chan lover
0f0cb42c40ba352a1489456e5de875a6.jpg

The boy after coming back to life and seeing his father again

But seriously, the story this time isn't as scary. Genuinely thought there's gonna be a twist where the grandma want to comes back to life using his body, even more after that being stronger talk.

Dex-chan lover
If granny died 8 years ago why is she still lingering there?
She wasn't still lingering there, she said that she came all the way there to make sure that he didn't cross the river yet
But seriously, the story this time isn't as scary. Genuinely thought there's gonna be a twist where the grandma want to comes back to life using his body, even more after that being stronger talk.
What I took away from it is that the last person he thought cared for him didn't actually, and only intended to use him to get revenge.

Through their conversation and the last thing that she says you can tell that she didn't actually care that he died or how his life had been since she died, and she didn't want him to live so that he could go back and live a good life. All that interested her was his ability to fight back against his father and whether or not he was willing to

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread