The Impregnable Demon King's Castle and the Expelled Black Mage of the Hero's Party - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - Bella, the "Hero of Ice"

Dex-chan lover
@jak

Sure, he could've vehemently refused it for a while.
But they would've either outvoted him, left on their own or made remme's life even more of a pain than it already was.

Dex-chan lover
Can we get Bella on our side, please? She's both capable and reasonable, I love people like her.

Dex-chan lover
Imagine a 13 year old girl being more competent than the rest of your entire party. I feel bad for phoenix.

@FgoSegul
thats actualy the strange part she is the newcomer a woman and the youngest
yet they take her word more seriously than even the leaders
and i dont know why but she gives me bad vibes just like the rest of the party including Phoenix might be her superiority complex or something different cant put a finger on it quite yet
also they didnt verbaly attack her which is strange something along the lines of she is the only thing they changed which is very strange for alvar
especially considering how persistent they are in ragging on about remme and directly or indirectly blaming each other

as for phoenix dont feel bad for him he made his bed now he has to lie in it just like the other members of the party
they should have tried it once while sending the mc off on vacation or something before permanently replacing him

Fed-Kun's army
@Koikoi It's always been a problem in MMoRPG's where party structures have fallen apart, people see the speed from the Damage Dealers in a group and think that it is purely attributed to the strength of character + Gear + Skills... So they replace classes that offer the debuffs and buffs in the groups quickly... Then their efficiency falls through the floor, the loots don't drop as fast, the experience and dungeons aren't raided as quickly and the bickering about who is at fault as fingers are pointed at WHO isn't carrying their weight more.

Meanwhile that support role they ousted from their party, which had buffed their speed & recovery ... And afflicted their prey with all kinds of heinous misfortunes has been snapped up by another group that takes them to even further heights.

There were many times, as a support role main player, that I wished I could join the mob team and just wipe the team who treated me as trash. But it was better satisfaction to watch their party disband in anger and take over their territory and loot spots instead. ^.^

Many of these mangaka's likely game and incorporate these social dynamics from that into their stories... It's a window onto the actions and behaviors of society in the real life at anyrate.

Dex-chan lover
well, there's another analytic/smart member of the party at least.

Dex-chan lover
@roadrunner9000 fair enough, i just saw it as she’s a super fan (deku from mha or some other nerdy character that achieves their dream) and thus wasn’t blinded by personal beliefs.

Supporter
@jak he was the leader but couldn’t go against the entire party. And he had reasons to keep his power a secret. Still not sure why, but for whatever reason, he couldn’t tell the others so he had no defense for keeping him in the party.

I guess the Girl and Phoenix will stay and the other will gradually drop off and being replaced

Fed-Kun's army
@Shoko0505
1st is correct, Elisa...sorry, Carmilla takes first. 2nd is Cashew (the kemonomimi girl). 3rd would have been Demon Queen....but I actually forgot about demon queen... so it's artificially Sitri for reasons I'll explain below. With finally Bella in 4th. The real list (now that I remember Demon Queen) is Carmilla, Cashew, DQ, Sitri and then Bella in 5th.

@thomasxanderson
She's actually 5th (due to above reasons), as for why the drop? Maid cosplay, twin curls, the beginning factor of the "heroes" learning their place, hell lot of bias. So Sitri (even though her time was short) shot up the ranks.

By the way, Cashew's mom is 6th (quite pretty, easily tell why Cashew's dad didn't give up after one or two kids) followed by Lily. Yeah, she also was one of the ones who voted to kick Remme since she's true to what she wants for the party....but she isn't a bad girl.

@Justking14 im pretty sure that he kept it a secret because if they knew how powerful he was they'd freak out since if you get into the mastery of black mage you can cause plagues and the like just as demon lords have done before (this is just my thoughts because the queen talked about her grandfather)

Group Leader
@FgoSegul
Well, she came in without the bias. In the LN the other members of the party already knew and considered the fact that the Black Mage could've been super powerful before the 13 year old came but they brushed the idea away because they were scared to think they were wrong.

@Roadrunner9000

To be fair, although they kinda quickly went through it, Bella is the only person who didn't really mess up over this time period. She got killed by the surprise of the boss being in the first room next to the first door. Something that could have killed even Phoenix if he was in the lead theoretically. (the problem is that if phoenix was the only caster there he would have killed all the succubi instantly before moving on which would have got her. While Bella's wasn't strong enough since she was holding back to preserve some mana....but not enough that her body could survive that blow. MP and HP are the same in the demon castle) Meanwhile on Forneus' stage they just did she was the ONLY member pulling their own weight aside from Phoenix. She's equal or better then them AND is a a actual hero with a blessing unlike them....also despite being new has some amount of credit as the top of the hero academy in her graduating year. Even Alvar has to consider otherwise on being pissed at her performance when he's suffering like that, meanwhile with Remme he makes them all look good at the expense of himself meanwhile Alvar thought he was king shit(being fed targets gathered at just the right time for his magic sword to shine) while Remme was 'just standing there muttering creepily'. I WILL say that this was more of a argument in the novel though, Alvar accepted it a good bit quicker here and Lily had to also press about how she had noticed for awhile that her performance in and out of the dungeon was different but just thought she performed better under pressure until this happened.

Users who are viewing this thread