The Knight and Her Emperor - Ch. 10

Dex-chan lover
Pauliana has never cooked in her goddamn life. Dumbasses talking shit when they're clueless.

@draw2much I'd say it's 50/50. The antiwoman sentiment is strong enough that they wouldn't let her die a soldier's death and the king immediately rescinded his offer to work for him on that fact alone In spite of excellent performance. Just based on the opinions in this chapter, the traitor is second to the gender.

She led them on a merry chase for days so her men could escape, long enough that they captured her army's HQ before they caught her, then already exhausted she fought off the soldiers for three hours. Then this commander has the gall to claim she lacks determination and wouldn't last on the battlefield. Then tells her to cook dinner.

Dex-chan lover
@icarushector I think she’s cooked before... provided we simplify the definition of "cooking" to "can make something that can be eaten without killing the consumer"...

Dex-chan lover
Of course she wouldn't be able to cook, the chick grew up learning how to be a soldier. "Ordinary swordsmanship" and "lacks determination", yeah for a woman to fight for 3 hours nonstop and to be able to flee their army for days, she's is quite lacking ain't she.

The others soldiers been suspicions of her is plausible, how can you trust someone who defected her own country, will she not do the same again given the opportunity?

Dex-chan lover
@AnonDePlume that's a generous description of the minimum. I think it's more "good enough to not make her sick". I can't speak for the delicate constitution of the commander though.

Dex-chan lover
If her cooking is a waste of food....why give her the chance to waste even more good food? X'DD I'd let her do another job; their food supply is not limitless...so her touching any more ingredients would be real bad for everyone.

& thanks for the chapter!! You guys update so fast, it's amazing o_o

If she had been a badass cook, they would have not been like wow or anything. It would have just been expected. She's a woman of course she can cook.
Then they would just have her cook all the time.

Besides she was studying and fighting hard to be a soldier. I don't think any soldier went through a cooking class so how would she gain cooking skills?

Edit: they make a big deal of her being a traitor...why do they want her cooking their food?!

I understand the bias men usually have towards women in the military in this kind of setting, but jeez. Doesn't make this any less annoying. There's not a lot of soldiers/generals/etc who have studied war tactics, maintained such level-headedness under duress, or trained extensively like she has. It's a shame they don't let her skills be representative of her person, rather than just see her as a woman. I'm so ready for her to kick this kid's ass.

Also, if they're under war, shouldn't they accept whatever extra hands they can get when someone offers? There had to be something the units could've given her to do. But no, hur durr, women big stupid, this man's job -_-

I can’t fucking wait until she just proves them all wrong and they see her worth and eat their words!!!!!

Dex-chan lover
I wonder how bad it is. I mean, you can cut up stufg however you want, boil them, and then pyt some salt and pepper and it should taste edible.... Man, I can't wait to see how the kid tries to 'teach' Paul how to really cook. I bet he'll be somehing of an underling fan sooner or later... I also foresee some deathflags if that happen.

You have to admit, the bias aside, she is still an unknown factor for them, a factor that changed sides after she was captured. It'll take a battle or two at least for them to really warm up to her, even when the king does approve of her. Have you ever seen a turncoat ever get accepted like an old bro asap after they changed sides? especially in the middle of a campaign. Heck, just the fact one part of the army was OK with her prepping food is a good sign to come. If they really didn't trust her, prepping food is the last thing they'd want her to do.

XL

Dex-chan lover
Leaders with poor judge of character and gossiping like housewives, this whole army is fucked. They're literally blind, stupid and full of incompetence. How retarded were their enemies to lose to THIS group of morons. She fought for hours against being decapitated and he called her swordsman ship "ordinary" and "lacks" determination and wouldn't last in a battlefield. How senile were these idiots, these probably happened in a week and they didn't remember.

The gossiping, what the heck. Is this an army of housewives planning their next mall raid or an actual army full of men with balls. Maybe that's all they got which could explained the lack of intelligence. This manhua is just full of face palming.

Fed-Kun's army
lolol with the way she prepared the ingredients, I'd be surprised if her food turns out good too

Can't tell if Momo the bookkeeper is "happy go lucky" smiling or "keeps smiling while he disembowels the people in his basement" smiling.

Either way, more of him please

Users who are viewing this thread