The Knight and Her Emperor - Ch. 196

Taq

Dex-chan lover
Gotta say, I wasn't expecting a timeskip. But it's a welcome surprise.

Cute ending and all but these kids are already plotting to invade some lands where people are minding their own business, i know that's basically what Lucius did himself but it's still pretty grim.

If real world historical examples are anything to go by, there's a good chance the empire breaks up once Lucius kicks the bucket.
Probably best to end the story here while everything is still rosey. :pepehmm:
Can I know which real world historical examples are you referring to :O

Fed-Kun's army
I never even thought of that eventuality. The laws changing to make women equal to men in terms of inheritance also means that gerald is no longer the first in line for the throne, since his sister has equal claim. that's a really cool way to show progress, tbh.

I'm gonna miss the hell out of this story. It's been worth every chapter.

Fed-Kun's army
Could be talking about Charlemagne's empire which split into three because the inheritance wasn't really decided. I think it was due to tradition that there was no clear inheritance, so the three brothers end up splitting it. Another example could be the Qin Dynasty, which basically collapsed after Qin Shi Huang died (maybe because his son's rule wasn't as strong as his father's).

I'm sure there are others, but an easy example would be the fracturing of the Mongol empire around Kublai Khan's reign.

Kublai was Ghengis' grandson, and there were civil wars and succession issues when he rose to power due to the previous Khagan (Möngke Khan, Kublai's elder brother) having no definitive heir when he died. By Kublai's death the Mongol empire had split into four functionally sovereign states, eventually ending the largest contiguous empire in history.

A little slower than Lucius' kids, but there's one of the largest empires breaking up in just a couple generations.

Dex-chan lover

These are all great examples.

Could be talking about Charlemagne's empire which split into three because the inheritance wasn't really decided. I think it was due to tradition that there was no clear inheritance, so the three brothers end up splitting it. Another example could be the Qin Dynasty, which basically collapsed after Qin Shi Huang died (maybe because his son's rule wasn't as strong as his father's).
I'm sure there are others, but an easy example would be the fracturing of the Mongol empire around Kublai Khan's reign.

Kublai was Ghengis' grandson, and there were civil wars and succession issues when he rose to power due to the previous Khagan (Möngke Khan, Kublai's elder brother) having no definitive heir when he died. By Kublai's death the Mongol empire had split into four functionally sovereign states, eventually ending the largest contiguous empire in history.

A little slower than Lucius' kids, but there's one of the largest empires breaking up in just a couple generations.

A couple more that spring to mind are Alexander the Great and the Serbian Empire.

Aggregator gang
lol as the legend say
"and they fucked, happy ending"

thanks so much cookie jar for scanlating the entire!!!! series!!! because of y'all i found one of my fave ever manhwas 🥹 and now i also own copies of the manhwa in korean with no way to read them because i have loved this series so much!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread