The Knight and Her Emperor - Ch. 32

Dex-chan lover
Dropping this.

As much as I like Paulina, I'm afraid I won't be able to read the rest of the story without hoping that the Emperor loses the whole time. And since that's not going to happen, I might as well cut my losses now. What a foolish ruler.

You'd think that he might have learned from his mistake of ordering Paulina's execution, now that Paulina has literally saved his life.
You might think that he'd want to have a witness from the opposing faction who could tell the observers from other countries that he didn't just unilaterally murder the former king right after signing the treaty.
You might even think that, since he's being portrayed as a kind and just ruler, he might have some reasonable thoughts about collective punishment. But nope!

I'm just going to totally ignore the princess suicide thing because it feels off-putting but i enjoy the rest of the story, so
tenor.gif

Dex-chan lover
*Waves goodbye to everyone claiming to drop the story, and then wait for them to come back next chapter to claim something else is now wrong with it* I usually just go away quietly instead of announcing it but that's just me.

I also wouldn't be bringing my ideas of a 21st century society into a story like this but I only try to immerse myself.

@sonyaism it's a european setting! Maybe in Korea noona is ok (still sounds stupid in english) and in Japan onee-chan is ok too (because is doesn't sound as stupid) but in a european setting NO, that is not ok.

Fed-Kun's army
Alive, the princess could marry an ambitious nobleman (with or without her consent), and he can use her name and bloodline to crown himself king/regent.

Even if this ambitious nobleman was selected by the emperor, he could still rally an effective army to oppose the empire from within.

Aggregator gang
what the f.? how can they change the mood that fast from “I'm cool cuz I help my enemy kill themselves” to stereotypical romcom stuff?

I mean, the themes of harsh army life VS romcom was always there but phhhh pls don't switch so fast author.

Anyways, I want to see Donau (lol why is he named after a river) call her sis.

The princess didn't have to die, She didn't know. Messed up, she should have lived.

In fact it was pretty well done at the time when a family member did something wrong it was his whole family who had to pay ... So even if in our eyes of modern people it offends us, is something normal at the time, I remind you that you could be guillotined for a yes or a no at the time.
It would have been more improbable that he let her live. Besides, it's rather surprising because the rest of the story is very sweet when we compare to the reality of the thing who was very violent (let's be honest in real life Paulina would never have been accepted into the army or would have been raped many times whether in her camp and that of the enemy)

Aggregator gang
Donau's character development was so nice. Whenever he's in a scene, I can't help but start grinning hahaha
And I'm glad the author went back and cleared up what happened between Pauliana and the Princess. It all makes sense now!
What a great chapter :)

Yeah I'm gonna have to drop this, I read too many manga like this where that princess could have been the mc and in those stories I hate every character who tried to kill an innocent person. Straight up irredeemable to me, don't really care if it was "normal for the time" or not

Users who are viewing this thread