The Knight and Her Emperor - Ch. 49

Aggregator gang
I wanted more face slapping!! But maybe it will come later? Either way this chapter was refreshing, I'm glad Ms.Paul was able sort out her feelings and properly say what she wanted!!

I like this way of doing things. She's not letting them carry on as they please but she also hasn't allowed their actions to embitter her. Rather than waste a moment of time thinking of them and plotting revenge, she's focusing on what she wants to do. She sees them for the petty pathetic people they are so she doesn't need to be bothered by thinking of them as her family anymore.

Very empowering to see she doesn't need revenge to feel good or be at peace.

Paulina is so mature and badass ;v; few people would do it the way she did and would rather take revenge. She’s great like that!

Yay for her! I'm so happy for her. Not just that she's come this far and received her rewards, but also because of how she's able to live in the present rather than past. She is also wise and mature.
And her muscles are goals!

@liszst and @Aeriandra Yes!

Look how far she has come. I'm so proud and happy for her! Even when she's successful now she doesn't let the past cloud her decisions. I salute you Pauliana! Thanks for the update!

You go Paulina! I'm so proud of her for being able to stand up to her family like that! <3

I kind of ship her with the purple hair brat now. Though puberty has hit him like a ton of bricks lol. He's taller than her and much more manly but I still think of him as a brat lol. He cares a lot about her and their relationship has grown so much that it's kinda sweet to see. I know the king is our ML but I think purple hair would be a better match seeing that Pauliana has no aspirations to be queen and be constrained to dresses and ceremony. He's also a second son, so he can marry into her dominion instead.

A mature ending for all this child neglect! That's nice. It's amusing how they have the audacity to be aggressive against a knight, a commander and future lord. They're really stupid

@sonyaism
they did recognize her, problem his her father sent her to war in hope she'd die so that his younger daughter could inherit the land and as for her sister she's (at least up to now, this chapter included) just a spoiled, stupid brat used to see her sister mistreated and belittled. You can see that in their behaviour: her father is scared, 'cause he knows what he did and he knows that she's now the one with power, while her sister continues to be arrogant since reality still hasn't hit her.

I love this, emotionless revenge. Sometimes when I read revenge stories, I feel like scum aren't worth all the energy. Paul's revenge was good in that it's treated as just the beginning of a story, and even after the revenge is over, we can still see that Paul obviously still has a lot more in front of her. Revenge was never a goal for her, even though her past was sad, she still knows how to value it.

yes!! it's the people, not the place, that made it so stifling for her. I'm glad Pauliana was able to gain closure :)

@Ulgan - Okay, that makes more sense. I mean I got that much but the sister acted in a sense like she didn't recognize her own sister and how they kinda talked about it made it like that too. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread